Chapter Eight: Another day at the office

When Cronut got to the office he saw Oatmeal and Mascabado already there working on the case and he smiled and sat down to look at the evidence from the crime scene as he held Mascabado's hand softly who was shaking a little bit from being a little bit uncomfortable.

"So we can't find the murder weapon and nothing was tampered with its like the murder knows how or knows our skills too well" Cronut said with a frown and Oatmeal grunted in agreement and Mascabado sighed and looked at the photos and documents very carefully.

"This just doesn't make sense to me, why would anyone kill Almond and his partners? Why hurt those children?! Why make them miserable?!" Mascabado screamed and she felt Cronut get up and hug her as a faint blush spread on her exhausted face.

"I don't know but I'll find out and with you two helping we'll figure it out" he whispered and he cupped her cheeks and blushed as Oatmeal cleared his throat getting his attention and he quickly stopped and went back to work with a sigh and sighed softly as well too.

"Did anyone call for the kids while I was not here yet?" He asked and Mascabado nodded and went to her desk "this one, their great aunt did and she said for you to make sure they find a place to stay here so Walnut can do her school and make sure to put Bean in daycare too."

This made Cronut smile and know it would be a great idea to find someone who was living here to raise the kids and agreed with Pecan's aunt Sunflower Cookie since she was a sweet and kind cookie who loved her great neice and nephew and would do anything to help.

"Thank you Mascabado" he said and he went to teada document when he received a call from his phone "this is Cronut" he said in his professional voice and he heard Croissant sounding tired "Uncle I'm so sorry for bothering you at work but Bean is getting very cranky~"

"Can I drop him off with you I need a break!" She begged him and he smiled softly knowing she was feeling a little bit overwhelmed by him and chuckled softly "of course and just breathe and don't worry about it" he said and he heard her sigh and sound much better.

"Ok thank you Uncle" she said and a few minutes later Bean was in his office and he looked around and looked very upset about something as he teared up and started to cry and Cronut knew what was wrong with him and went over to him and picked him up and held him.

"I know kiddo, I know~" he cooed softly and he kissed his forehead and Bean looked at him with a pout and pushed his face away with a whine making Cronut smirk "awww so you don't want kisses huh? How about raspberries?!" He shouted and Bean's eyes widen too.

And he suddenly felt Cronut's mouth on his pudgy belly and he blew on it making him squeal and shriek with laughter as he waved his arms and legs around  making Cronut smile and lay him down onto his desk and continued to do it as Mascabado blushed softly.

"You should tell him sooner or later" Oatmeal said with a sigh and she blushed harder "I willwhen I'm ready to" Mascabado whispered and he nodded as he continued to work silently and he looked very tired and drained from this whole case they were doing.

"Oatmeal please don't push yourself ok?" Mascabado whispered and he looked at her and softened and nodded his head in agreement and Mascabado sighed and sat down and smiled as she grabbed some work to work on to make sure to do her job without a problem.

As she worked Cronut was done tickling Bean and trying to get back to work but Bean whined softly and wanted his attention and him to play with him but Cronut sighed and put him on his lap and continued to do his work and Bean looked at him with a fussy expression.

"I'll play with you later I promise~" he whispered softly and he kissed his head softly and Bean tugged on his spenders and whined softly for attention and he looked and suddenly saw his scar and touched it with tears running down his face and he started to cry about it also.

"What's wrong Bean?" Cronut asked as he suddenly saw him crying and Bean looked at him and at his scar on his left arm and sniffle "boo-boo~" he whispered softly and Cronut nodded and wiped his tears away with a smile on his face and shushed him softly too.

"It's ok kiddo it's an old boo-boo" he said and he smiled and bounced him on his knee and Bean whimpered and started to shake hard "Bean it's ok it's nothing to-" he suddenly stopped as he felt something wet on his lap and he sighed softly feeling very worried about this.

He started to have a bad wetting issue since his parents were murdered and he was very worried about this whole thing too and he was glad he kept some of his extra diapers when he used to visit with Rougefort to see Almond and he felt tears welling up in his eyes as well too.

Suddenly Cronut felt a tiny hand touch his and he jumped and saw Bean who was laying on his desk sniffling and Cronut quickly wiped his tears away and looked at him softly "it's ok Bean I'm ok" he whispered softly and he changed him with a small soft smile too.

"There we go all clean" he whispered softly and he kissed his head and Bean grabbed his face and whined and suddenly kissed his head back like he was comforting him and Cronut smiled as he heard a knock on the door and threw away the diaper and cleaned up.

"Come in" he said and Police Cookie walked in and Bean shook and buried his face into his chest and Cronut shushed him softly and rubbed his back softly as he looked at Police with a serious expression and Police sighed softly as he had something to ask him.

"Yes Police? What is it?" Cronut asked as Bean whined softly "I need to talk to you about something and it's private" he said with a frown and Cronut sighed and looked at the clock and saw it was almost three o'clock after the afternoon and got up and went to the door as well.

"I gotta pick up Walnut first I'll be back in five minutes ok?" He said and Police nods and waited as Bean reached for Cronut as he was put in Mascabado's arms and Cronut smiled "I'll be back soon and be good ok?" Cronut said gently and he went to the door and left.

"Mmm~" Bean whimpered and started to shake hard and cried feeling very worried and scared about him as he suddenly felt Mascabado hold him close and he felt something he wanted for a long time now a mother's touch.