]23[

when wei ing fell of the cliff lan zhan had tried to rush over to him to catch him but was prevented from doing so by zewu jun who held held his little brother close to himself so he wouldn't be able to get out of his grasp.

after that had happened lan xichen had taken lan zhan back to cloud recesses. as soon as they got back lan wangji had locked himself up in his room not wishing to speak with anyone, especially his brother, such a backstabber. supporting the person who has now killed wei ying again.. tho if he has to be honest he isn't sure wei ying is actually dead. but that doesn't mean he wants to talk to lan xichen, he betrayed his trust. he should've protected wei ying and not cared what others would have thought of him. he's not forgiving his brother till wei ying is back in his arms again.

- - - - - - - - - -

everyone had been shocked when wei ying threw himself of off the cliff. no one had gone down to look for a body yet as no one would dare either, it was a place filled with resentful energy, the shadow of lingling, it is a lot like the burial mounds but also different. as the burial mounds is filled with resentful energy but nothing more, while this small place in the canyon there is more resentful energy and there are also many gouls and ghost to be found together with whatever sort of demons you can think off, no one has survived the fall down to that place let alone just walking in there. it's where the jin clan throws all their prisoners after execution.

tho no one really had any idea what the talisman that wei ying used was for. at first they didn't care but that was until the clock hit twelve and it became midnight. all cultivators got a mark on their wrist which resembles the turning back of time. they would not age anymore, everyday at midnight time would reset for them to not age a day, and while being immortal is something cultivators had tried to achieve ever since the beginning of time this wasn't a gift. cause once at midnight the mark lights up they will feel an excruciating pain scorching through them.

this of course had a few exceptions, while all cultivators bared the mark a few didn't feel the pain. lan zhan was an exception of this obviously as wei ying would never do anything to hurt him. due to the fact of them being family of lan zhan he made an exception for lan qiren and lan xichen. some of the juniors as well as he just likes them and they have always been kind to him. and of course one of his best friends nie huaisang, he could never hurt the boy.

other than that there were no exceptions.

- - - - - - - - -

wei ying wasn't stupid despite what others would say about it, neither did he really plan on killing himself once again, last time wasn't fun at all. he felt the resentful energy coming from down below the cliff and was like halfway sure that it would catch him like it had done at the burial mounds. luckily his guess was right as it caught him.

though he was still too weak to do anything. that talisman had used the little remaining energy he still had so he just laid there letting the dark take over him and fall unconscious.

- - - - - - - - -

jin ling felt devastated. jiang cheng had dragged him back to lotus pier the second wei ying had jumped and was going to teach him on how to not befriend evil, especially if the evil is wei ying. but jin ling just lost his uncle.. the one who didn't seem to hate him.. even when he hadn't known who wei ying was.. wei ying was gentle and kind with him jiang cheng is the complete opposite and goes as far as physically hurting him just to teach him a lesson.. all jin ling wants it for his uncle to love him. and wei ying did that. wei ying cared for him and made sure he was alright. told him about his parents.. wei ying treated him like a equal, a human. whereas jiang cheng just treats him like trash..

he had locked himself into his room the moment he got a chance to do so. he wouldn't talk to jiang cheng. never will he speak to that so called uncle of his again. he was planning on leaving at night. leaving yunmeng and going to gusu. to find hanguang jun and ask him to help him look for his uncle. as he didn't want to believe wei ying is actually dead.

word count 825