Chapter 4

Roy pov-

I slowly opened my green eyes to see my beloved Jaybird almost completely on top of me while he continued to remain in his deep slumber, his chest rumbling with his soft snores and breaths lightly blowing on my bare chest.

My arms were wrapped around him protectively, and he had his head tucked under my chin while he'd draped an arm and leg over me sometime during the night. A soft and loving smile curled on my lips, and I hugged my best friend that I had an impossibly huge crush on tighter and kissed the top of his head. Jason was having one of the rare times when he actually slept good and hard, and he said that he only slept like that when I was with him and the kids because if he felt that it wasn't safe enough to sleep, fearing that something would happen while he was under, then he would stay up for however long it was until he felt he and his kids were safe enough for him to sleep and not worry about them being in danger.

Damn, I thought while looking at his handsome and relaxed face on my chest, this man is so fucking hot, perfect, gold-hearted, smart, loyal, and the best person to ever walk into my life. How the fucking hell did I get so damn lucky meeting this amazing bitch? This bitch is my best friend and the love of my entire goddamn life, and the idiot is too blind to realize that I love him more than even God could ever express. Like, Jesus Christ, I don't even have words to describe how much I love this fool, to make him see that I love him, but, I gotta tell him somehow. I want the moment to be PERFECT, though, with no interruptions. Too bad that isn't possible in this family. I thought, smiling and carding one of my hands through his raven and white hair that was styled in an undercut that made him look like a fucking god, and his gravity-defying hair always shone and was soft, wavy, and flat-out addicting to run your hands through.

It was a good thing that Jaybird liked his hair getting massaged, because I did it with him all the time. I had found out after Jake had called me one night, telling me that Jason was having a bad anxiety and panic attack and couldn't stop hyperventilating after a really bad nightmare that had woken up his elder children, that Jason's stepmom, Catherine, would always card a hand through his hair to soothe him whenever Willis, his biological father, would hurt the mother and son, and that it would help him a lot. I had also found a way to calm him down even with a look or light touch, whether it be brushing shoulders, pressing against one another, having our hands and arms touching side by side almost holding hands, and sometimes that as well, and a lot more things. I was able to read Jason like an open book. All I had to do was look at him, and his body language would always tell me what he was feeling. I knew him well enough, and he could do the same for me, and adding Kor'i into that as well.

I didn't have to read his body language to know that he always felt safe in my arms or standing next to me. His 4 children felt the same way, as they have clearly shown, and Jake, Alex, and Kylie had taken Lian in as their sister, my daughter doing the same and claiming them as her brothers and sisters, and Jaybird's 3 older kids trusted me to be with them and protect them from any harm.

But last night, I had listened from the shadows behind the Wayne family, listening to everything Jason told his older brother. I was hurt that Jay hadn't told me what was really going on, but I understood that he was trying to keep everyone safe and wasn't mad at him. However, I was BEYOND homicidal with Sofia Madison, even more than I already was, when I heard what she's done and been doing to him.

So, I made myself a promise: I would never leave Jason's side (That promise was made when I met him all those years ago though), annihilate this Mexican bitch and her shitty old man, as they had signed their death warrants in their own blood from the moment they laid eyes on my Jaybird, blitz their gang, bring down the empire that they built, and then go after Joker while I'm still homicidal, because I'm not part of the Batclan, so the no-kill rule doesn't apply to me like it does the others. I have a feeling that Kori will help me with my plans, too. I would continue to protect my man and my 5 kids, show Jason that he is the most loved person on Earth, and rip apart anyone who even wrinkles their nose at him. Jase deserved none of the shit he was going through, and I was going to do everything in my power to help him.