Anxiety

Derek watches Reid twitching, his hand in his hair. He's never seen him like this which is making him worried. Reid starts to hit the side of his head with the gun mumbling.

"Kid talk to me." Derek says quietly. "What's going on?"

"Protect. I need to protect you all." Reid says, turning to look behind him at Nella who's knocked out in the backseat. "I have to protect you all."

"We need to call Garcia."

"No, they'll track it." He says, shaking his head. "We'll lay low then we'll go get the others."

"Reid."

"No!" Reid yells staring out the window. "No."

Derek sighs quietly following the directions to a cabin 4 hours from the hospital. Reid has Derek carry Nella into the cabin, placing her in the room while he walks out. Derek sits with Nella waiting for her to wake up. He notices the blood and cuts on her so he carefully cleans her up. He sighs in relief when 3 hours after they arrive she wakes up with a groan.

"What? Derek?"

"Hey BabyGirl" he says quietly, sitting on the edge of the bed. "How are you feeling?"

"Not good." She chokes out before running to the bathroom, the sound of her throwing up filling the room. Derek grabs a small towel wetting it as he wipes her face as she dry heaves.

"Bucky is going to kill me." She moans, laying down flat on the ground.

"We'll get out of here."

Nella looks up with tears in her eyes, "I'm tired of this. Why the hell do I keep getting kidnapped? I don't want this life?! The stress! Will my kids always be in danger?"

"Right now it may seem bad BabyGirl but-"

They both stop when they hear Reid enter the room.

"Nella," he says with a smile, his pupils blown wide.

"Reid, what am I doing here?" She asks softly getting Derek to help her up. Reid backs up letting them get into the room. Derek helps Nella sit on the edge of the bed.

"We're not safe." He nods his head. "Maeve wasn't safe, I couldn't protect her. Gideon he wasn't either." Derek and Nella watch as he paces in front of them. "Hotch, hotch wasn't safe and because of that Hailee is gone. Garcia was shot, Emily had to fake her own death. No one's safe. I can't protect my family before but I will now. I can't lose anyone else. So I will protect you all. I've lost too many and almost lost others. There's no way...no way." He mumbles half to himself as he paces in front of them. Nella shares a look with Derek realizing just how deep the mind control went for him.

"It's feeding off his fears." Nella says softly to Derek as he continues to rant repeating the same thing over and over again.

"They said they got it out of his system."

"What if they didn't...what if-"

The sound of Reid coughing has them looking towards him, noticing the bag with a weird white-blue powder.

"Reid what is that?" Derek asks. Reid looks at him smiling slightly.

"It's what I need to protect you all." He says. "But I can only take a little, not too much. Too dependent I can't be dependent on it again. No no that was Dilaudid, this is different, this helps."

"What is he talking about?"

Derek sighs looking at Nella, "a few years ago Reid was kidnapped by a serial killer who had multiple personality disorder. One of the personalities drugged him with Dilaudid and he got addicted."