7. Party

And finally the night of the party arrived. Jeongin was getting ready with his hyungs. He went to the venue with them where everyone was already present. 

"Wow, I feel like Jackson Wang but I'm the main character," Jeongin said as he looked around.

"You should go and greet the guests as the host," said Chan.

Jeongin started greeting the guests one by one. They all praised him for the wonderful arrangements. But his eyes were busy searching from someone else in the party. And finally he found her. She was with her friends as usual. She wore a simple elegant silk blue dress but she looked the most beautiful to him.

"Go talk to her," Changbin said. Jeongin did as he was told.

"Hey, Y/n."

"Oh hi, Jeongin. Nice party I must say."

"Glad you like it." Jeongin glanced at the two genies who were watching him. The two smiled and signaled him to take the next step. "Y/n, do you wanna get some fresh air? It's getting kinda suffocating here with all the people. I wanna talk to you about something."

"Uhm, sure. Let's go," she replied. Jeongin took her to the backyard which was decorated with fairy lights making the atmosphere very soothing. The light breeze made everything feel much more calm than the inside.

Y/n saw a statue of Jeongin in the backyard. "What's that?" She asked. "Oh this? It's my custom made statue. It costs a million bucks. I had to pay the artist to come here and sculpt my face perfectly. I put it here today so that everyone can see. Isn't it awesome?" "Hmm," Y/n replied with a fake smile. She started feeling a bit uncomfortable.

"And these shoes, half a million!" He bragged. He kept bragging about more and more things. Finally not being able to take it anymore Y/n spoke up,

"Jeongin, stop. Please. It's getting a bit too much now. I'm sorry to say this but you've changed, you've changed a lot since the time your music video went viral and it's not for the better. You used to be such a nice cute innocent boy and I loved that about you. But now everything seems so fake. This isn't the real you. I'm sorry I can't stay here any longer."

Y/n dialed a number on her phone. "Hello? Jeno? Can you drop me home now? Okay, I'm coming."

"Y/n, please-" Jeongin tried to explain but she cut him off. "No, Jeongin. This isn't gonna work out like this. Bye. I wish I never went out with you," saying that, Y/n left. Jeongin was stunned.

----------

Jeongin ran to his room after coming home and started sobbing after closing the door. Chan and Changbin banged on the door trying to convince him to open it. "Jeongin! Open the door!" Chan yelled.

"She hates me now! What have I done? I ruined everything!" Jeongin cried. "Jeongin, come out we can solve this problem together. Don't make us use our magic to bring you out," Changbin said.

Jeongin slowly opened the door. His eyes were teary which pained Chan and Changbin. They both hugged him to calm him down. "I can never face her again!"

"Shh, Shh, it's okay. Your hyungs are here, alright?" Chan tried to calm him down. "Can you fix this with your magic?"

Chan sighed, "Look, Jeongin, we can change your hair into blonde, dress you up like a prince but we can't change who you really are. Magic doesn't work like that. We can't magic her into falling in love with you. You need to do that yourself. You need to just go to her and be honest with her. That's it."

"You're right, hyung. I'm gonna go fix everything," Jeongin ran out from the house at the speed of light. "Do you think he's gonna do it right now?" Changbin asked. "Yup. He's finally realized his mistakes. Let's just hope everything goes smooth," Chan replied.