« Where it started »

. . . 9:30pm, rain was pouring down in the kingdom of Belgium, everyone was asleep in the kingdom you could tell everyone's lights were off. Except for one 7 year old little boy.. a very curious and sweet boy, he lies awake in his luxurious master bed looking out his crystal clear window next to his bed. The boy heard a small creaking sound coming from his door, the boy looked over to the door to see a mid-aged woman wearing a a flowy dress this woman was his mom.

"Mom what are you doing up?" The young boy asked curiously as he watched her peak through a small section of the door before entering and closing the door behind her.

"Hmm..? Oh darling, did I wake you? I'm incredibly sorry if I did sweetie." The mother said before taking a seat on her son's bed and placing her hand on his cheek.

"No, you didn't I've been awake for a while now.." The small hedgehog answered not very amused as he turned over, away from his mother's sight.

"Aw, couldn't you sleep? Was the bed not comfortable enough? I can go ask the maids to straighten the bed sheets if you want honey."

"No.. that's not it, I've just been wondering why.. why can't we go outside to? And visit everyone in the village..?" The boy asked as he rolled over and looked back at his mother, awaiting an answer.

"Well, everyone is very tired at the moment, it's late at night. So we can't exactly go see them now, you wouldn't want to disturb them, would you?" The mother said while looking at her son, he still looked quite disappointed and she didn't want that. How about I open the balcony door so you can have a closer look, would that make you feel better?

Really? Yeah! Yeah it would! The small hedgehogs eyes lit up as his mother mentioned letting him out on to the balcony, only his mother had the keys to outside.

As the hedgehog ran outside quickly, breathing in the fresh air, it felt quite refreshing to the hedgehog since he hated being in small spaces to long, he wasn't saying his room was small.. it was just nice getting out. He soon felt a pair of arms lift him up slowly, he looked back to see his mother picking him up before smiling, the small hedgehog soon turned his own head to look in front of him as he saw..

"Woah.."

The hedgehog said with amazement as he continued looking, everything looked so.. normal? Well for a "normal" person of course, all the hedgehog saw was different types of adventure and activities that he had never tried before just.. there, right in front of him. So close yet.. so far..

The mother sighed delightfully as she looked at her son that would one day become king, she rubbed his cheek softly before finally saying something and putting him down. "such a curious mind you have sweetie.. promise me you won't lose it, ok?"

"I won't.. promise.. can we stay out here a little longer mom? Pleaseee..?" The hedgehog begged while looking at his mother with puppy dog eyes hoping to convince her to let him stay out here for even a minute longer.

"I'm sorry honey, but mommy's getting tired and would like to go to bed, so you'll have to come back inside. I don't want you out here alone." The mother said as she walked back inside and waited for her son to follow before then locking the balcony door.

"Aww.. but when can I go out again..?" The hedgehog asked in a curious but more upset tone, he really liked imagining all the things he could do once he could leave the palace. That way he already knew what he was going to do when he left, or went for a visit at least.

"Hmm.. how about this, once you turn.. ten, ten years old. I'll give you the key to the balcony, I think you'll be mature enough by then. Or maybe if you impress me enough, nine? How does that sound sweetie, deal?"

"Really? Really mom?? Really!?" The young hedgehog said with enthusiasm in his voice as he looked up at his mother with hope in his eyes.

Mhm sweetheart, that's right. Now get to bed, it might improve your chances of getting that key earlier.

Okay! As the short hedgehog ruffled through the bedsheets and wrapped the blanket over him in record time he kept a straight face while looking up at his mother who gave him a small smile and a kiss on the forehead before saying her goodnights and slowly closing her son's door behind her.

I wonder what else is out there..

Hey everyone!

So I decided to re-do this story because I HATE the way I layed it out, a lot.. so I've got a entire new plot in mind but I'm really tired to and can't be bothered even un-publishing the rest of the story right now. I'll do it tomorrow though. Anyway..

Have a happy holidays and a merry Christmas everyone, I hope you all have a wonderful time!
-
Starling