Chapter Two:
Caelume

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Ashborne, the biggest continent in this world, known as the Continent of MagiTech. And is well known for its products and livelihood.

The continent has three divisions, the one in the east, Lyse, The smallest and poorest part of Ashborne. It is often looked down upon. It is also suffering from Poverty. Most of its population had either moved to Caelume or Flaux, making it the division with the lowest population. Most of Lyse's inhabitants are dangerous people such as criminals and dark magic practitioners. There isn't much of a livelihood here as well. The black market can also be located here. And Lyse was also where the droid came from.

The next division is Flaux, it can be located between Caelume and Lyse. Flaux has a population over billions and is very much increasing, it is the continent's oldest division and is the birthplace of many of the most influential men of the age. Its economy is most prosperous, especially when it comes to its "magitech" A technology created by both mankind and arcane magic. It is also very diverse, with many different species coexisting there. Flaux is filled with bustling and busy cities and villages, though it also means chaos is to become.

And lastly, Caelume, located in the west. The whole division consists of tall mountains, plains, floating islands, and bodies of water. The population is much smaller than Flaux. Agriculture, fishing, trading, mining, forestry, etc. is very prominent in Caelume. There are barely any cities in Caelume, it's mostly villages, small villages and tribes scattered around the division. It is basically a "utopia" for everyone. And that's currently where Nix and the droid are...

...............

Nix let out a frustrated groan as they slumped against a tree, running a hand through their hair.

"Can you not attack everyone who even just walks past us!?"They snarled, side-eyeing the droid who just stood there innocently.

The droid simply says, still staring at Nix blankly, "But they could possibly be a threat, we cannot be too sure about the people around us.".

Nix merely looked unimpressed and then let out an exasperated sigh, (dramatically) draping themselves against the same tree and groaning once more.

"I can't stand you and your stupid robot brain or whatever." They rolled their eyes and mumbled quietly under their breath, not loud enough for the droid to hear it.

Earlier that time, it was already late at night when they decided to find someplace to sleep.

Nix and the droid went to a small village in Caelume where they had bought clothes for the droid, since the only "cover" she wore was just her armor that looked more like undergarments because of her color.

And since she has no taste with clothes, like humans do, Nix had to pick out for her.

Nix picked a plain purple sleeveless dress for her and an azure oversized jacket -which they said to themself, 'Could be used as a rope to tie her up if she tries to attack someone'- and it actually matched the droid. Since her eyes were purple as well and her hair was a dark shade of blue.

This wasn't the main problem why Nix was so frustrated just by looking at the droid, it was because, ever since they arrived at the village, the droid has been eyeing every person she saw all the way. She even tried to snatch away a child, and point her gun -that came out of her arm- to an old merchant saying they could be a threat or her target.

Nix just had enough, they were being given weird looks by people of all kinds, so Nix decided to go straight to a nearby inn. But to their surprise, the inn was already full, even the other inns. Nix was beginning to think it was on purpose because of how weird their companion was, so they had no choice but to stay outside.