Something Big Might Be Coming

˚ · •

˚ · • . ° .

James was scrolling through his computer, sitting on a chair in his sister's penthouse. Said sister was technically not at home, but she would be soon.

When the doorbell rang, neither James nor Hestia opened the door. It was not because James was busy with work or because Hestia was cleaning and probably didn't hear the sound from her vast headphones. It was because that sound was merely a reminder about whose house it is and who owned the first key to it.

The door opened and James did not bother to look at the newcomer.

"Oh, hello big sister."

"Hello, little brother. What are you working on?"

James shut the laptop.
"You may be my publisher, but you will not get sneak peeks at my masterpieces."

"You still think your works are masterpieces?" Samantha rolled her eyes. She looked up at the dancing woman and sent her little brother a questioning look. He just shrugged in reply.
"She's been like that for the past half an hour. Something about keeping it clean when you can't."

"Hest's not as clean as you. I don't think anyone's clean as you."

"And I don't think I've ever seen someone as big as a slob as you are."

"You have your organization, and I have my own."

"Let that aside because that would end up being a conversation that'll never end. Let's go into more important matters."

"Your deadlines that are nearing," Samantha answered.

"Nope. Our London visit. You know, to go and see our poor mother who lives alone and has no one around."

"She has her neighbors. They're lovely and sweet."

"She also has her two children," James pointed out.

"I know, but how many years have gone by as we tried to bring our dear poor mother over here? How many years have I tried to invite you to leave with your sister in this stupid penthouse?"

"If it's so stupid, then you better change it."

"Doesn't seem so stupid, after all."

"What doesn't seem stupid?" Hestia asked, her headphones now resting on her neck.

"Nothing, love."

"How long have I been cleaning?"

"You've been dancing for half an hour."

"And I'm tired, so I'll head on and get a shower before we decide on dinner," Hestia said, kissing Samantha's cheek before leaving.