Ten

Charley knew how things with Max were more tense then ever. They both had secrets that they didn't want to get out. And she hated it.

She hated how he treated her. How he abused her and she hated how powerless that she felt against him.

Charley knew that at one point that she did love Max. But she knew how toxic he was. And all that he had done.

Charley sat with Autumn and smiled as she looked to her little girl.

Charley knew how things were. She knew how hard it was with Max. She hated how it had become that way. And she hated how he made her feel.

Charley smiled as she got Autumn dressed. She looked to her as it rang and declined it.

She knew that she didn't know how much more of it that she could take. She heard a knock at the door as she stood up. She answered the door and looked to see Max.

"Go away," she said as she went to slam the door in his face. 

Max stepped in the way and looked to her. "Now remember. I thought we had a deal. And I wanted to see my daughter," he said.

Charley frowned. "Oh please. You wanna play father of the year after all that you have done. What are you going to do? Hurt her next," she spat. 

Max looked to her and frowned. "I'd never hurt my daughter," he said.

She rolled her eyes. "So just me then?" Charley asked as she slammed the door in his face.

****

Charley got to work. She was  stood in the staffroom as she made a coffee. She knew how hard it was. How much of a mess it was a mess with Max.

She looked to see Tom as he stood flirting with Cassie and smiled.

She looked to see Tom as he walked over to where Charley was. He smiled. "Are you okay?" Tom asked as he looked to his niece.

Charley smiled. "I guess so. It's just...things are so hard. I don't know what to do. I am trying to do what's best for Autumn and I. But it's hard. It's hard with Max. And he doesn't want to end it," she said.

She knew how she was trying to stay strong and she hated it.

"Is he hurting you? Because If he is, I will kill him," Tom said.

Charley smiled. "No. It's just arguing," she said as he nodded.

****

Charley stood in her classroom Max walked in and over to her. He grabbed her by the throat."Get your hands off of me," she spat.

Max looked to her. "What have you been saying to Tom? You don't want your secret to get out do you?"

"Get your hands off of her!" a voice said as they looked to see Cassie.

"It's not what it seems," Max said.

"You want to go. Before I get Tom" she spat as Max walked off.

Cassie walked over to Charley. She hugged her as she sobbed. "It's okay," Cassie said as Charley sobbed.

Unaware of how things were going to become a lot worse.