Chapter 31: The Kingdom's Roses

"Ooh, today's going to be a good day!" A certain Magic Knight yawned and stretched as she woke up from her sleep. She slowly got out of her bed and put on her morning sandals. She drew her blue curtains and the beaming, yellow sunshine peered through.

"Well, if I wasn't awake before, I definitely am now. Thanks, Sun!" The girl smiled. She then grabbed her towel and other toiletries and walked outside to go towards the main shower room. After finishing, she got back to her room and started to change and get ready for the day.

The Magic Knight looked in her mirror and put on her clothes. First was the white t-shirt and then the short, blue skirt with darker, blue frilly edges to them. After that was the light-yellow sweater and finally, she put on her dark-blue, ankle length boots.

Going to leave her room, she subconciously touched her hair and realised that something was missing. "How can I forget something like this?" The teen reached for her drawer and pulled out a small, dark-green cloth that she shaped into a ribbon, knotting it within her hair, the two ends of the ribbon stuck up which completed her look.

"That's better".

The girl was Daisy, as shown with her signature ribbon on her head. She was getting ready for another day as a Magic Knight for the Blue Roses.

Daisy walked away from her room and while she was going towards the breakfast hall, she would greet everyone she saw with a cheery "hello!".

Eventually, she opened the doors to where everyone was eating and grabbed a plate of food before sitting at a table on her own.

As she sat down, another member of the squad joined her quickly after.

"Hi there, Emilia", Daisy greeted the other member.

"Good morning, Daisy", the 17-year-old replied back and smiled. "You got any plans for today then?"

Daisy took a bite of her pancakes that she had got. "Hm, I don't know. Maybe I'll practice my magic or something? I kinda want to go on a mission though".

"I agree with you. It's been a few days since we last had one. That business with the Royal Capital has all of the captains stressed with internal affairs and whatnot". Emilia bit into her bread.

"I also need a few stories to tell my little siblings! If I'm not doing anything then I can't exactly tell them anything interesting. After the Eye of the Midnight Sun attack, I got to tell them a scary story but now I'm running out of content", Daisy slumped backwards into the back of her chair, crumbs falling down from her mouth to her skirt. "Oops".

Emilia laughed a little bit. "You're actually such a child, you know that?"

Daisy pouted and replied, still with food falling from her mouth even though she wasn't eating with it open. "Nothing wrong with that".

"How is food even falling out?" Emilia deadpanned. Quickly, she changed subject. "Speaking of stories... Did I tell you about that mixer a while ago?"

Daisy leaned forwards, putting her plate to the side. She was heavily intrigued with what her friend was about to say. "Tell me, tell me! I'm the one that persuaded you to go... so, did you meet your soulmate?" She joined her hands together and put them to her heart.

"Gosh, you're so dramatic! By the way, you didn't persuade me, you basically forced me to go! Anyway, I did meet someone and he was great. We became friends and he was also such an interesting person". Emilia remembered the night.

Daisy took another bite of her food as she calmed down a bit. "Ooh, I'm excited. So, who was the guy anyway?"

"His name was Lucas and he's part of the Golden Dawn. The lad was shy a lot of the time but so sweet", Emilia smiled with a genuine happiness.