Prologue.

7 years agoThe moonlight hitting Zev's hair makes it shining among the dark street

7 years ago
The moonlight hitting Zev's hair makes it shining among the dark street. Either that or his shining hair makes him look like a 2016 Youtube hair video.

Life's been peaceful lately, I don't know if it's because I'm with Zev, or I've truly found peace. Whatever it is, I hope it stays like this forever.

"What are you thinking about, Skye?" Zev asked, stopping to wait before making it to the other side of the crosswalk.

"Just happy memories" I smiled, making my grip around his arm firmer. The light turns green and we start walking again.

About halfway, a white light shining right at us becomes stronger and stronger. Has the angels come to collect me? No, not the time for jokes. As soon as I realized what was happening, I push Zev out of the way without a second thought.

Suddenly, the bright light starts getting dimmer which soon turned into complete darkness. Has the angel receive a call saying "nvm, don't pick up that bitch?". If Zev could hear my thoughts, he would kill
me before that car did a Regina George on me.

Before I lose my hearing, I hear Zev rushing over and repeating the same phrase over and over, "You're gonna be ok, my flower"
"You're gonna be ok, my flower"
"Stay with me here Skye!"
"You're gonna be ok, my flower"

Am I really gonna be ok though? Last time someone told me that, I ended up not being ok. Liar. But Zev wouldn't lie to me, would he? I know my mom was trying to help me, thinking a little lie wouldn't hurt. It did, I was not ok, that monster made sure I wasn't.

I gather all the strength I have left to whisper what could be my last word, ever, to Zev. All I manage was a simple I love you, Zev. I try holding onto his hand as long as I can until my grip loosened and eventually falls onto the cold concrete.

Zev's voice gets quieter and the city noise slowly disappear making it soon a complete silence. I'm feeling very sleepy, let me just rest for a bit. I'll have more energy when I wake up, then me and Zev can go get strawberry ice cream like he promised and eat it at our spot.