One.

We finally made it to the front of our apartment door

We finally made it to the front of our apartment door. The flight wasn't that long considering we flew from Chicago to New York, but little missy here is tired. I enter the pin on the keypad and when it goes TINK, I push open the door revealing a nice clean fully furnished room.

I was lucky enough to have found this somewhat affordable fully furnished apartment on the Upper East Side, a dream of mine since I was a child.

"Ma, is this my room?" a little voice echoed from one of the room. I walk up to where the voice is coming from.

"Yes it is my little coconut, great observation!" I said, running towards her and tickling her. She burst into laughter trying to get me to stop, but ha, I got the advantage here you little monster.

"Ma, it was easy to guess which room is mine, this one has ballet shoes and pink bows on the wall" She said, slightly tilting her head to the side with her arms crossed. I really don't know where she gets her attitude from, but she needs to be stopped.

We walk back into the kitchen which is in the same space as the living room. Seeing all those boxes and luggage at the front door makes me wanna lay on the floor and just stay there forever.

I look to my left and see her playing with her barbie doll, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say she also doesn't wanna unpack right now. My brain is overworking trying to think of something else to do rather than staying here, I mean it's a great apartment with a nice view, but the idea of actually working makes me wanna jump out the window.

The feeling of hunger suddenly hits me, giving me the perfect mother-daughter date, let's go out and eat!

"How about we go out and try to find a bakery and eat as much as we can!" I asked. Her little green eyes sparkles as soon as the word bakery came out of my mouth. She jumps up and down repeatedly screaming "Yes!". Guess we got a plan for this afternoon. I smile at her and say "Ok put your shoes back on and let's go, Rhea."

★・・・・・・★
The fresh air of New York is definitely a change from Chicago's one. I have no idea where we are going and I don't bother knowing. We'll find our way back later, it's not like I'm a stranger to this city, hell I grew up here.

Leaving all of this behind was extremely difficult but at least I'm back now. If it wasn't for that job offer, I don't think I would have ever moved back here. I'm not too worried about bumping into people I knew from when I used to live here. I look completely different from back then and I also have Rhea, they won't recognize me. It's scientifically proven! By who? By me!

We've been walking for a good 15 minute now, all these stores doesn't catch my attention except one. It appears to be a bookstore at the corner of the street. The sign reads "The Green Library", with a green banner. For some reason that name reminds me of something, probably from one of the many books I've read.

I take Rhea's hand and we walk to the front door, I try pulling it but it doesn't open. Just my shitty luck, it says on a tiny sign hung from the inside that they are closed on Friday.