Chapter 37: The Ups and Downs

It was as if the whole world came to a standstill at this point in time. A shocked face on Cinnamon, Maple completely paralyzed from the fact Cinnamon found out, Gabriel facepalming.

Cinnamon: "You're pregnant May-chan."

Gabriel: "Shit. Cat's out of the bag now Maple."

Cinnamon started staggering from this ground breaking news.

Cinnamon: "H-How did this- When did this? May-chan?"

Maple: "I know this looks bad, well it is exactly what it looks, but I swear I didn't mean to hide it from you!" What am I saying? Of course I meant to hide it from her!

Cinnamon: "W-Who did this to you? You're safe around me aren't you? You could've told me? Aren't I your best friend? Not that it matters, don't worry May-chan, I'll find them..."

Cinnamon's first conclusion that came to her mind was the horrifying thought that Maple had been raped and was scared to tell anyone. Cinnamon snapped her fingers under the impression that a man hunt was going to begin. Very quickly, her personal posse of Crystal Phantom members had appeared in front of her.

Maple: "C-Cinnamon, what are you doing? What are they doing here?"

Cinnamon: "It's okay, you're safe now. We'll find the lowlife who had the audacity to defile my precious May-chan."

Gabriel: "Well this isn't going so great now is it?"

Maple: "Cinnamon! I wasn't raped! Ray's the father. Cinnamon are you stupid?!" AUGHH I'm the stupid one, why did I tell her that?!

Maple accidentally let that last part slip out. Instantaneously, Cinnamon clammed up and stood still like stone. She turns her attention to her bunch.

Cinnamon: "A- Y-You guys... can go... so uh... I-I'm sorry."

Rick: "Madam?"

Cinnamon collapses on the floor and starts foaming.

Cinnamon's posse: "Captain!"

Cinnamon's vision fades as she loses consciousness.

10 minutes later...

Gabriel: "She lives!"

Cinnamon wakes up and finds she's laying in her futon.

Cinnamon: "W-What? Oh, that's right. Im sorry for fainting, I didn't mean to scare you."

Gabriel: "No, we weren't scared, it was just too much for you to process at once."

Cinnamon: "But what do you mean Ray-san is the father, you've never even had-"

Maple: "I have, Cinnamon... I didn't want anyone, even you to know about it. It was something wrong I did and wanted to forget about it."

Cinnamon: "Can I ask when and where?"

Maple: "I have no intentions on telling you that!"

But it seems that a short Power Nap has fueled Cinnamon's frontal lobe. It made sense now.

Cinnamon: "It all makes sense now. You were acting so weird then, but I couldn't make much of it then. It was then! At the hot springs wasn't it?"

Maple: "Urk! Since when did you get good at critical thinking?"

Cinnamon: "B-But, you two were drunk so you didn't know what right?"

Maple: "Exactly! It's not like I like him-"

Gabriel: "Maple Maple Maple. Just when I thought you were past denying your own emotions."

Maple: "Fine! I like him, romantically. I'm sorry I went this far with him without telling you Cinnamon, I know how much you love him too."