Chapter 4

A Few Days Later....

The Malhotras were having a party at their mansion. Many big businessmen and powerful people were guests. Even Manik's friends were there. Suddenly the lights turned off and everyone was surprised to hear a girl's voice on the mic.

"Ladies & Gentlemen! Aap sab ko paata nahi hoga lekin abhi kuch dino pehle Manik Malhotra ki shaadi hui hai." 

Manik's eyes widened and his family/ friends looked at him in shock. 

"Kya? Manik....tune shaadi kar li?" Dhruv asked. "Kab? Kisse?"

"...and Im sure you must all be very eager to know ki woh kaun hai? So lets all welcome onto stage, Mrs Nandini Manik Malhotra!!!!!"

A spotlight turned on and there was a girl in the centre of hall wearing a gorgeous lehenga and the dupatta covered her face. Music started and she started to dance.

Finally the girl flung her dupatta off her head and Manik was shocked to the core to see Nandini. At the side stood, Navya who had announced Nandini's name.

"Manik....what nonsense is this? Yeh toh...uss Raichand ki beti hai na?" Dhananjay whispered in his son's ear. "Tell me you didnt marry her."

Manik kept quiet but he was furious to see her. Nandini meanwhile danced and had everyone's attention on her.

"Babe....what the hell is going on?" Zubin asked Mukti who just shrugged.

"Manik! Yeh sab kya hai?" Sumitra tried asking her son but he still didnt say a word.

"Thats enough...Party is over!" Dhananjay announced. He turned off the music and told all the guests to leave politely. Only the Malhotras and Manik's friends were left along with Nandini & Navya.

"You....what do you think of yourself huh? Kya kar rahi ho tum yahan?" Manik yelled at Nandini.

"Tsk tsk tsk...tumhe na badaam khaana chahiye. Bhool gaye kya? Shaadi hui hai humari....aur shaadi ke baad ek ladki ka ghar uska sasural hi toh hota hai." Nandini said.

"Oh just shut up! Woh shaadi koi  shaadi nahi thi! Badla tha mera!" Manik shouted. Manik's friends were shocked to hear this.

"Par...shaadi toh shaadi hai. Tum humare rishte ko apnane se manna nahi kar sakti." Nandini said. "Vaise bhi....ab toh sabko paata chal chuka hai mere baare mein. Ab agar tumne humare rishte ko nahi apnaya toh log iss family ke baare mein kya kya sochenge?"

"YOU-"

"Manik!" Dhananjay stopped him. "Yeh ladki sahi bol rahi hai. Aaj humare ghar mein important clients aur politicians they...infact media wale bhi aaye they. Our reputation will be ruined if you refuse to accept her."

Manik got frustrated and left the room while his friends followed him and Dhananjay also went off to his room.

"Beta..." Sumitra walked upto Nandini. "Tum thak gayi hogi na? Chalo...main guest room dikha deti hoon."

"Auntyji..." Nandini spoke up. Sumitra stopped and looked at her. "Main guest room mein nahi...aapke bete ki room main rahungi."

"Manik ke kamre mein....lekin-"

"Biwi hoon main uski....toh uske haar cheez pe mera bhi haq hai. Even his room." Nandini said.

"Thik hai...main, Manik ka kamra dikhati hoon. Chalo." Sumitra sighed. 

"Nandu...main chalti hoon. Bohot raat ho gayi hai." Navya said. Nandini nodded and hugged her before she left. Sumitra then took Nandini to Manik's room before also going off to her room.

********************************************

"Yeh apne aap ko samajhti kya hai? How dare she just come in here and-"

"Claim to be your wife?" Mukti said. Manik turned and saw his friends looked disappointed in him. "Yeh sab kya hai Manik....did you really do this?"

"She deserves this......Tum log kuch nahi jaante." Manik defended himself.

"Janna chahte bhi nahi." Aliya said. "This is just wrong Manik!"

"Shayad....but like I said, she deserves this. Woh usse bhi zyada dard deserve karti hai. I was probably too easy on her...tabhi she played pulled this stunt! Par ab nahi bachegi yeh ladki. She will regret ever meeting me!"

"Mujhe toh ulta hi lag raha hai." Zubin commented. "I mean, dekha na...kya entry maari hai usne."

"Zubin's right......Woh andar kaise aayi? And....how did she know where I live?" Manik thought to himself.

********************************************

After venting to his friends for a bit, Manik went back to his room only to find Nandini laying i his bed.

"What the hell?" Manik marched over and pulled her off. "Yeh mera bistar hai!"

"Oh my dear dear Hubby!" Nandini hung her arms over Manik's neck. "Shaadi ke baad kya tera kya mera? Sab kuch toh...HUMARA hai."

"ENOUGH!" Manik roughly grabbed her by her sides and brought her closer to himself. "Kya game khel rahe ho huh? Tum...MERI...BIWI...NAHI HO! Get that through your head!"

"Game? Game toh tumne samajh rakha hai meri life ko." Nandini said. "I dont know ki maine aisa kya kiya jo tumhe mujhse badla chahiye but haan...agar tumhe lagta hai you can break me, then you are sadly mistaken. Main nazuk...innocent type sirf ek hadh tak hoon par after that, main puri sherni ban jaati hoon"

"So I was right....you want to get back at me. Tabhi yeh saara natak hai na?"

"Bingo...Tumne mujhse shaadi karke, meri shaadi thoda....mujhe mere ghar se nikalwaya aur mere Papa ne mujhse rishta thod diya. SO I am just returning the favour. Biwi banke tumhara jeena haraam nahi kiya na toh mera naam bhi Nandini nahi!"

Manik glared at her with hatred in his eyes.

"Anyways...mujhe bohot neend aa rahi hai. Toh main sohne chali."

"Did you not hear me? Yeh mera bistar hai! Yeh mera kamra hai....get out!" Manik reached to drag Nandini out but Nandini stopped him.

"Uh uh! I wouldnt do that if I were you." Nandini smirked. "Maine agar galati se media walon ko call karke bol diya ke mera pati mere upar atyachar karta hai aur mujhe kamre mein sone nahi deta....toh? Kal subha ki breaking news ban jaoge tum.....main thodi na aisa chahungi?"

"You mnn- argh!" Manik made fists with his hands in frustration.

"Oh you poor thing! Bistar share karna acha nahi lagta na? Koi baat nahi...main itni bhi heartless nahi hoon." Nandini reached beside her and took the second pillow, handing it to Manik. "Yeh lo...aur yahan zameen pe kahi bhi soh jao. Make yourself at home...ok?" 

Nandini then lay down and covered herself with the blanket. "Ooh yeh bistar kitni comfortable hai! No wonder tum iske baare mein itni possessive ho."

Seeing no other way, Manik got some extra bedding from the closet and lay down on the ground angrily.

"Sweet Dreams.....Pran Nath!" Nandini called out before going to bed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts?

How did you like tough Nandini?