Chapter 8

Nandini was fast asleep when she heard noise from downstairs. Waking up, she walked out of the room and looked over the railing. There she saw a completely drunk Manik stumbling through the front door & his mom helping him stand up straight.

"Manik....yeh kya hai huh? Roz roz aisi halat mein ghar aana. Tere Papa ne dekh liya na toh kand ho jayega." Sumitra whispered looking here & there.

"Like I care..." Manik mumbled & brushed Sumitra's hand away.

"Manik.....Manu!" Sumitra called after him but Manik slowly made his way upstairs.

"There is no way main uss bevda aadmi ko mere saath ek room main sone dungi." Nandini said to herself. Before Manik could come, she went back into the room and locked the door. A few moments later the door knob rattled and then Manik realized it was locked.

"Oye Biwi....darwaza kholo!" Manik slammed his fist on the door.

"Uhmmm....nope." Nandini replied through the door.

"WHAT?" Manik yelled. 

"Shut up Monster....sab soh rahe hai, itna bhi khayal nahi hai kya? Auntyji aur Uncle ka toh paata nahi but Im sure tum Pakhi aur Mahi ko uthana nahi chahte." Nandini said with a smirk.

"You little-" Manik lowered his voice. Nandini felt she won and grinned to herself.

"Aaj guest room mein soh jao Hubby. Good night & sweet dreams!" Nandini said. She then went back to bed and got under the blanket....falling back asleep immediately.

Manik didnt want to wake up his sister & Mahi just as Nandini guessed but he also wasnt one to admit defeat.

"Mujhe mere hi kamre se bahar rakh rahi ho? There is no way, Im letting you get away with this. Manik Malhotra hoon main, mujhse panga lena bohot bhari parega tumhe."  Manik's eyes were red and he most definitely wasnt in his senses. He stumbled towards Pakhi's room and quietly got a clip from her dressing table. Then he stumbled back to his room and used the clip to unlock his door. Manik picked up a sleeping Nandini and took her to the balcony. As he placed her on the ground, Nandini woke up and was confused seeing where she was.

"What-tum? Tum andar kaise aaye?" Nandini asked.

"Yeh MERA kamra hai." Manik gripped Nandini's arms tightly and leaned in threateningly. "Did you honestly think tum mujhe mere hi kamre se bahar rakh paogi?"

"Manik leave me." Nandini tried to get loose.

"Ok....whatever you say." Manik smirked and pushed her back while he stepped back into his room. "Good night & sweet dreams Biwi."

Before Nandini could stop him, Manik shut the glass door and locked it from inside. Nandini started yelling to be let in and smacked the glass door but as it was sound proof Manik could not hear a thing and only saw an angry Nandini moving her mouth. He laughed and plopped himself in bed.

"Kya kar raha hai Manik...it's cold out." One side of Manik felt a bit bad for what he did. But his otherside didnt care much. "Relax....thodi na puri raat bahar rakhunga. Aadhe ghante mein uski akal thikane aa jayegi and she will never keep me out of my own room again. I'll let her sleep inside."

*********************************************************

The next morning Manik woke up with a killer hangover.

"Ahh...mera sir." Manik groaned as he held his head. Looking up, he saw Nandini fast asleep on the balcony floor and he realized that he had fallen asleep. "Shit, yeh ladki toh puri raat bahar hi thi! I forgot to let her back in!"