family dinner at the Blake's part 2

Nick pushes me away as someone clears their throat

"Well, if this isn't a very unpleasant surprise." Says Noah from the doorway.

"Unpleasant how?" I ask, as Nick walks around him, "because I was hugging Nick?" I ask, as I follow Nick out of my bathroom.  

"Unpleasant as in I hate sharing." He answers. Nick looks back at him and opens his mouth, only to shut it and walk away.

"No one's sharing anything, because I'm not a thing." I say rolling my eyes. Dan looks at me as I make my way out of my room, to Noah and then to Nick, and says, "group chat in the bathroom?"

When I last saw him he was hugging Jen fiercely. Now he looks calm and collected, and his hand is wrapped. I look at Jen who is sitting on the other end of the sectional typing on her phone.

"I mean I just broke up whatever was actually happening, so you'd have to ask your sister."

"What does that mean, what was happening?" Dan asks.

"I was taking care of Nick's busted lip, no thanks to you." I say looking at him heatedly. "he also has a bruise above his eye, fuck stick." I'm so mad at Dan for hitting Nick.

"Family drama on the first night, nice." Says Gabe. It surprises me because usually he doesn't say much, and when he does he's kind and quiet. 

"Where's the popcorn? I have a feeling she's going to attack."

"Our fight isn't your business." Dan says to me, which only pisses me off more.

"You're right. It's not my business that you were fighting with him. I get fighting with friends but I would never physically hurt Jennifer. That would hurt me more than it would her." I say, "I can't believe you resorted to violence like that. We've always played around and wrestled, but hurting him with the intention of hurting him like that isn't okay. I won't let you do it again, Daniel." I say calmly.

"You won't let me?" He asks, "I don't know if you know this but you're not our mother. So sit down and shut the hell up."

"What the fuck did you just say to me?"

"I said stop acting like mom, and stay the fuck out of our conversation. If it was your business, you'd know."

"Daniel, what the hell?" Says Jennifer, but I just stare at Dan. I can't even think of something to say for a while. Everyone is quiet.

Nick comes back through the door with food in his hands and asks, "what's going on?" And I snap.

I grab the closet thing to me and I throw it at Dan, he yelps and yells "what the hell!"

"YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW IM NOT MOM?" I scream, throwing everything I touch at Dan, the remote, the decorations from the table. He dodges them mostly, "you think youre gonna talk to me like that? Because you're my brother?" I ask, "fuck that!" I say as I throw the takeout box in Nick's hands at Dan before he sets them down.