dirty little secret.

When Alax and I make It back to school, everyone is livid with me

Most of all Nick, who should be in class at NYU.

"Where the fuck have you been?" He whispers to me, I can hear the anger in his voice as I put things in my locker, he leans over from behind me whipping in my ear with one hand on the locker slightly above my head to the right. "everyone has been looking for you, and you and Alax just take off, no one wanted to give a heads up?" He's breathing hard. "You and the presidents son snuck off and had ONE security guard with you, Sutton. What would have happened had the secret service not found you?" He says louder, "what would President Burkhardt do if his son went off with some girl and he was assassinated?" He says, and I turn around facing him. "Fuck off, Nicholas." Nick glares at me.

"Detention for that dirty fucking mouth."

"And what about you? Aren't you considered faculty?" I ask, "are you allowed to cuss students out now?"

Alax clears his throat from beside us. "It wasn't Sutton's fault, I left my security detail behind."

Nick glares at him "shut your mouth, Alax." He growls backing away, "I'm fucking furious with you too, and so is your dad, who by the way is in DC, but on a video call with your principal. And your mother is here." He says aggressively, "What, did you think one of the presidents sons could go missing and no one would bat an eyelash?" He says, "and also you got Jay fired, for not communicating."

"Fuck." Says Alax, I can tell he regrets it.

"I can't believe you skipped out, dude. I just did damage control." Says Gabe. "You're summoned though, and Mom said to bring Sutton." Alax clenches his jaw, staring at me. "no, she didn't have anything to do with this."

"Yeah, well." Gabe says shrugging. "Moms pretty mad. Sparrow went missing in the middle of NYC in the middle of the day, without his detail, at the institute known for protection and fundamentally adapted for national security... there's hell to pay big brother." He smiles, "at least you didn't make a political statement to the media, drunk and underage. I'm the bad kid, remember? Focus on that." He says, patting my shoulder, "good luck, Sutton, I'll wait outside with furious Nick and dangerous Daniel."

"Dan's here?" I ask.

Nick laughs humorlessly, "Dan is the least of your worries. I'm going to rip you apart later."

"That sounds very.... Sexual." Says Jason from behind me, "maybe let's think about the things that we do and say, before we do them or say them... Just until schools over." He finishes when Nick cuts him a look.

"Let's go, Sutton." Says Alax. "My mom won't be happy to be kept waiting any longer."

"At least it's not the First Lady." He smiles, "it's just my mom, regular Heather."

"What about your dad?" I ask, he gulps.

"Yeah hopefully we don't have to talk to any of the first family." He shrugs and pulls me into a room quickly. "just, give me a minute." He says, breathing hard.