Chapter 3: Confessions

So I told Mr. Amerly everything that had happened for the past 9 years of my life. Then Mr. Amerly offered for me to stay at their house. I reluctantly agreed, feeling like a burden.
"How are you feeling right now?"
"I honestly don't know, I really don't know." Jeremy walked towards me and wrapped me into a hug. We stayed that way talking only in low voices until dinner was ready and he still kept hold of my hand well we were at the table.
"Dad! Where are you," Kate yelled through what I thought was tears.
"He isn't home, come eat dinner,it's your favorite" Jeremy yelled back.
Wha-what is she doing here? And what happened to you're arms Ann, are you OK?" Katerina asked.
"She is our guest for a little bit and dad said you are to share your room with her."
"I-i could always sleep on the couch." I told her.
"Ann... I really do like you and, " she paused,"i'll explain after dinner."
"Ok"

I walked out into the living room feeling relieved. I never thought I would talk to Kate as she did my makeup and I felt so much better. "So on a lighter note, you and Jeremy?" Katerina asked wanting to know everything.
"I don't know, I like him but will he not like me now. Anyways we are just friends."
"OMG! He couldn't stop talking about you all summer." That was really shocking to me, nobody has ever liked me.
"I'm not trying to avoid this conversation but I need more food."
"You act like you don't eat at all." she looked at how big my shirt was and scscreamed,"damn, the man didn't feed you either." All I could do was nod. When I got downstairs I ran to the fridge. There had to be leftovers, right?
"You okay? I mean-"
I cut him off," enough of you saying ' I mean' and yes I'm fine but do you have any food?"
"Yeah, there's ice cream in the freezer or I could make you some popcorn."
"Um I honestly haven't had either of those are they good?"
"Are you serious?" He looked at me, "oh my god you are." I didnt get why it was such a big deal that I hadn't eaten ice cream. Jeremy walked over to tge freezer and pulled out like three cartons of what I knew was ice cream, I had seen ny father eat it when ny mother first left. "Okay, I will give you some of each but don't eat it too fast." A minute later I had a bowl of ice cream and a spoon, I slowly ate a spoonful and it was so good.
"This is amazing, I don't know how I lived without it all this time, but it's really cold." I said as I took another bite of ice cream.
"That's the point Ann. It's meant to be cold. We should go upstairs now it's really late and you don't want to get in Lucy's way when she gets home." Why was he so sweet and amazing, better yet how did he still want to talk to me. Going up the stairs this time felt so much longer then when we ran up here, although a lot had happened since then so, yeah.
"You, get in here, right now." Kate said to Jeremy and shut the door for sibling talk I assumed. So I sat on the couch were all of this started and finished my ice cream. As I was scraping the last of my ice cream off the bottom Kate plopped down next to me.
"Hey, let's get dressed for sleep now, and have girl talk time, guys are so hard to talk to." When I walked in to the closet I looked at it and saw that it was pretty much the size of my old room. Kate handed me an old huge shirt and pointed me to her dressing room. When I came out I saw Kate frantically changing into clothes that were so unlike her. I wondered why she was changing so quickly when a voice floated up the stairs.
"Kid's where are you I need your humor right now and I get it all day tomorrow so let's make the plan for tomorrow." the voice said. Kate screamed back that we were in the upstairs living room and ran there with me go find Jeremy already talking to the woman walking up the stairs.
"So, how was your day Lucy?" Jeremy asked.
"It was pretty good except for a few bumps but things usually happen to change the day anyways so y'a know." She finished talking as she got to the top of the stairs, "and you must be Ann."
"Yeah I'm sorry for kind of crashing your house."
"It's fine, I remember when you were born, your mom was so happy, she was my best friend." Hearing her talk about my mom hurt so much, I knew my mom had died after she ran away but it still hurt. I knew that Jeremy knew how much it hurt because after we said good night to Lucy he hugged me. I realized Jeremy and I had hugged longer than we had talked. Finally, I moved to the end of the couch and grabbed the remote so we could watch TV, and all to quickly Jeremy left to go to his room.
"Goodnight Ann."
"Night"
Once I fell asleep the little girl me who would hide in the corner hiding from my father haunted my dreams, or more of my nightmares. A few hours later I heard a car door open and shut then the front door and next thing I knew Jeremy was bolting down the stairs, I must have enough fallen asleep before he came back up because when I woke up it was you Kate screaming at a friend on her phone.
**********************************
Hey readers/followers please comment on the book, debating doing the story from Jeremy's POV in a different book, let me know what you think by commenting agian these are fictitious characters and events so please dont ask if I've gone through this. If you are a fellow pug lover please give me a shout out or something. Love y'all :)