Chapter 2

"OK. We got this. Here we go," I whisper to myself as I pull into his driveway.
"Ok ok were doing this. We're doing this."
I pause.
"Why am I doing this?"
I thought, Get it together, Maddie.
I walked up to the front door and knocked.
Oh my gosh waht are you doing? Turn around and get back in the car.
But before I could do that the door opened.
It was a woman. Probably mid 40's.
She said, "HI, can I help you?"
"Hi, im looking for Carson. Is he home,"
I asked politely.
"Yes, indeed he is. You want to come on in honey?" She stepped back and opened the door wider to let me inside.
I stepped over the threshold of the house, and took a few steps in so, who I can assume was Carson's mother, could shut the door.
I looked around the house. It was beautiful. It wasn't very big but it was beautiful.
The walls were a really light blue, almost white.
The floors were white marble tile and she had white to blue ombre curtains in the living room windows
"What's your name sweetie," Carson's mom asked.
"Maddie," I responded
"Well, Maddie, why have you come looking for my son?"
"Um..." I hesitated, looking for words. "I need to ask him a question."
"Oh about school?" She continued speaking before I could say no. "He's upstairs in his room, why don't you go on up."
I said said thank you and walked to the stairs she'd pointed at a moment ago.
I looked back at her before going up.
As I walked up the stairs I heard loud music coming from a room down the hallway.
I followed the music, guessing it was Carson's room, and knocked on the door.
A stupid idea considering the music was so loud.
But after a few seconds the music turned off and I heard footsteps come toward the door.
Carson opened the door and paused.
"What are doing here," he asked impatiently.
"I uh... wanted to ask you something but you seem busy so I guess I'll-"
He cut me off mid-sentance.
"Do you wanna come in and talk about it? You seem nervous."
omg I was going to see Carson's room!! Wait ge I voted me into his room. Ok ok calm down, Maddie, calm down.
"Are you coming in or not?"
I had been staring at him. I realized this after he said that.
"Oh yeah right," I said, a little embarrassed, as I walked into the room.
His room was covered in posters.
From Rock bands to video games, and even a poster of 1D, which I laughed at.
Out loud. I laughed out loud at his poster.
"What's so funny?"
"Oh I just would expect you to have a One Direction poster in your room," I answered shlyly.
"Oh," was all he said.
"So what was it you wanted to ask me about?"
"Oh right right.. um so..."
I paused. Suddenly really nervous. Nausea clawing at my stomach.
"Ok I was just wondering if you would want to come to six flags with me, my sister, and few of our friends for my birthday. My sister is bringing some of her guy friends to so it won't be you and a bunch of girls."
I breathed in heavily, after saying all that in one nervous breath.
"Oh wow that was fast but um... yeah that sounds really fun. When is it?"
Oh my gosh he wants to go. He wants to go!!
"Um it's in two weeks during spring break. We wi stay in a hotel the night before and the night after. And we are alm taki g my mom's mini van. If thats ok with you," I responded quickly.
"Yeah I'll be there for sure. Can you give me your number so you can text me your address? I'll have my mom drop me off so I don't have to leave my car at your house."
He wants my number. He wants my number. Ok calm down your going to be fine.
"Yeah of course give you phone," he hands me his phone as I hand him mine, "and I'll give you mine."
When we finished exchanging numbers, he thanked me for inviting him. He said he didn't want to go on the yearly trip that take every year to palm springs.
Together we walked downstairs and I said goodbye to him and his mom.
I waved from my car and drove off, more happy than I have been in a long time.