Chapter 5: Mistaken

"Since you've finished claymore, how about you try a bow now?" He said, lending her a cup of beer.

It was silent for a while, Y/n remembered the proper stance for using a bow.

"Nah, not my thing. I don't like bows."

"Why not? You can't be picky when it comes to fighting, idiot."

"C'mon! The one time I used a bow, it was embarrassing. I accidentally stabbed the arrow into somebody."

Scaramouche looked at her in amusement.

"What's the big deal? It's not that rare, it was his fault for standing near the target while a noob was aiming. I think he died of blood loss later."

He nodded, as if agreeing with Y/n's crazy explanation.

"You can always give it a second try."

"No thanks, I don't want to replicate the feeling."
___________

Y/n has always rejected the offer to learn the bow. This was because she always saw people close their right eye to aim better, but her left eye was blind.

She was afraid of people finding out about her secret.

But today, the archery range was empty. She decided that she wanted to try it out.

She picked up a bow and arrow, and she tried to aim, closing her left eye.

Her hands were shaking, she couldn't aim properly.

In proper stance, your left leg is supposed to be closer to the target. Therefore, your left eye is closer to the target and closing the opposite eye is more effective.

Because of this, her right eye couldn't really see the target. She couldn't even see the red circle, only the perimeter.

She turned her head, trying to see if that way it'd be better.

"I thought you said you didn't want to learn bow."

Y/n turned around quickly, seeing Scaramouche.

"Well, it's true." She said, setting down the bow and arrow.

"If you don't want to learn it, what were you doing?" He asked, getting more suspicious.

"I just wanted to try it out, and I don't like it." Y/n was getting more worried each second that goes by, scared that he would find out.

"Sure, if you want to put it that way." He walked closer, gazing upon her.

You dare to gaze upon me?!

She remembered, in one of his voice lines.

Maybe she should tell him. It'd make life easier.

"Hey, Scara. I have something to tell you.."

His eyes lighten up, as he smirked and crossed his arms.

"Okay, go on."

"Well.. I-"

"You have a crush on me, don't you?"

...

Y/n's eyes widened as she started blushing, she felt her face heating up.

Her, having a crush on him?!

'I mean.. I did simp over him while he first came out.. but, is it love?'

"I-I'm not too sure.." She spoke truthfully.

"So you do like me." He crossed his arms proudly.

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

'If this means I can be closer to him..'

"Okay, I do like you, so what?" She blurted out, her face red as a tomato.

Suddenly, her boss pulled her wrist and she leaned into his chest.

"Why are you red? Are you embarrassed?" He asked, either he's genuinely confused or he's teasing.

Y/n's face got redder as she tried to push her way out of his arms, but he held her firm.

"I like you too."

Y/n didn't know if Scaramouche was smiling or not, but she knew she was smiling.

"If I find out you're lying, you're dead." Y/n said as she hugged him, flushered as she continues leaning against his chest.

He strokes her hair carefully as he hugged her back, time seemed to stop.

"S-so... What are we now?" She looked up, staring at his purplish eyes.

Instantly, her chin was lifted as she felt another pair of lips on hers.

Scaramouche kissed her?
Scaramouche kissed her!
.....
Scaramouche kissed her!?!?

Scaramouche broke the kiss, and turned his head away with red ears.

Y/n looked at him in shock, blushing.

She touched her lips, that moment felt so.. real? Good? Miraculous?

She hugged him tighter, drowning in happiness.

He slowly wrapped his arms around her, hugging her back.

"...so, how do you feel, girlfriend?"

"I don't know, but I'm happy, dear.. boyfriend."

She smiled as she held his hand, then dragged him back to his room.