Chapter 4: Traveler

One day, Y/n was at the swimming pool.

Her mother had recently got a new job, and she wanted to celebrate by going to a bar.

The problem was, Caleb was going to hangout with his friends, and Trevor was going to a party.

Y/n was only eight, she couldn't be home alone yet.

So, her mother dropped her off at the pool.

"This is so fun..! Mummy, look at me!" The little girl smiled as she splashed water around.

She turned around to face her mother, but realized that her mother had already started walking towards the exit.

"Mummy?!" Y/n got out of the pool, and ran towards her mother. She hugged her leg, in hopes for her to stay.

"Listen, daughter. Mummys gonna go play somewhere else, I'll pick you up later, ok?" The older women dragged Y/n back to the pool.

"But mummy.. last time you said that, you forgot about me..!" The little girl rebelled, she still remembered what happened at the playground last time.

"Are you accusing me of lying?! How dare you!" The little girl was frightened at her mother's words, and stepped back. "I-im sorry, mummy.."

"Now, girl, I'm gonna to play somewhere else. I'll pick you up when I'm done." Just like that, her mom left her alone again.

Little Y/n was sitting on the edge of the deep water, splashing her feet against the water to help ease her sadness.

"Why won't mummy play with me..? Where is mummy going to play.."

Without noticing, someone has run her over. She fell into the deep water, her little legs were kicking in hopes of getting to the top but to no avail.

Her head was completely underwater, nobody could see her that well in the water that was dyed blue.

Eight year old Y/n, was drowning.

Not until seconds later, did someone notice her.

"Is that a child?" The kind sir went to the deep section, and lifted Y/n up.

Y/n gasped for air, her lungs filled with water.

"Oh my God, little girl, are you okay?!" The man asked, worried as he patted her back. Y/n coughed up some water while nodding slowly.

"Poor girl.. where's your parents?" The sir set her down on the edge of the shallow section, looking around for her parents.

Y/n managed to speak. "Mummy said that she was playing somewhere else.."

"Wait, so your parents aren't here?"

"No.. mummy is playing somewhere else, I don't think she wants to play with me."

Y/n almost drowned that day.
_____

Y/n went up to the blondie, and started attacking the hilichurls. Her elemental power was strong enough to one shot a hilichurl, while her sword took some more tries.

She defeated them all nonetheless.

"Thank you, kind lady!" The floating white dwarf said, paying her thanks.

"Thank you, miss." The blondie spoke, bowing a little.

"No worries! My name's C/n! Nice to meet you, stranger!" She knew who he was. Aether, the fourth descender of Teyvat. Searching for his sister, Lumine.

Y/n always used her code name, because she was the secretary of a harbinger.

She disliked her actual name, it reminds her of the endless pain she went through in her childhood.

However.. she doesn't hate it when Scaramouche says it.

"Oh, I'm a traveller from.. um, Mondstadt."

"Well then, traveller, what are you here for?" She asked, despite already have played the game.

"I came here to try and get past the snow covered path."

'Oh, I remember this..'

"Oh, yes. Unfortunately, I can't help with that. I've come to collect some Scarlet Quartz! Would you like some?"

"Thank you."

"So, are you that all-mighty traveller everybody's been talking about? That dude helped Liyue and Mondstadt!"

"Why of course he is! He's trying to find his lost sister, and so he-"

"Paimon..!"

"Ahaha, no worries. I won't tell anybody. I was just wondering, if you're headed towards Inazuma, next?"

"Yes, why?"

"Nothing. Just wanted to let you know, the Fatui and the Raiden Shogun would be a pain to deal with" Y/n stared at him, waiting for a valid reaction, which she didn't quite get.

"Anyways, I'll wish you luck on your journey! Gotta go now, bye!" Y/n then turned around and ran back to her Scarlet Quartz, putting them into a bag and prepared to go back to Inazuma.