Chapter 9: Insecure

After growing up, Y/n hated her father. She hates how her mother treats her brothers better just because they look like him, she hates how he left them, she hates him.
________

Y/n and Scaramouche slept in the same building, same room, and same bed that night.

Yes, it was kind of awkward, but Y/n didn't mind and either did Scaramouche.

While they were about to go to sleep, Scaramouche wrapped his arms around Y/n.

"Hey." He whispered in her ear.

"..yes?" She replied, feeling how his voice lingered in her head as his breathe tickled her ears.

"Since you told me your secret, I'll tell you mine. I've been hiding it for.. way longer."

Scaramouche also has a secret he hid for more then 3 years? Y/n was definitely curious now.

"Really? What is it?" She asked excitedly.

"My name.. is not actually Scaramouche." He said, forcing a smile.

Y/n gasped, her boyfriend's name was not her boyfriend's name?!

"Wait wait wait.. so.. what's your actual name?"

"It's.. Kunikuzushi. You can call me that," he said calmly, a bit too calmly.

As if adding on, he said: "If you want to."

"Sure." Since Y/n was always calling Scaramouche "Scara", she decided that she would call him..

"Soo.. Kuni?" This time, Kunikuzushi was the one who gasped.

His eyes were shiny, who knows if it's because there were tears in his eyes or because it just naturally shines like a jewel.

"Yeah, you can call me that." He said, hugging his secretary tighter.

Y/n swear she heard some sniffles, but maybe she heard wrong. How could Scaramouche cry just because of a name?

"Kuni~" She teased, curious to see her boyfriend's reaction. "Mhm." He responded almost immediately, burying his face in the crook of her neck.

Scaramouche felt safe with Y/n's scent around him, and Y/n did too.

Little did Y/n know, Scaramouche was indeed crying. Not much, but teary eyes and flushed cheeks. A soft expression to top it all off. (😏)

"..goodnight, Y/n." He said, almost so quiet Y/n couldn't hear him. "Mm, goodnight, Kuni."
_______

The next morning, Y/n woke up to feel Scaramouche still hugging her. She felt safe, and happy.

She wanted to keep on sleeping in his embrace, but she would never admit that. "Good morning Kuni.."

After knowing Scaramouches real name, Y/n was obsessed with calling him Kuni.

She would call him that every chance she got, teasing him sometimes with ridiculous nicknames.

"Kunibear~ Did you have lunch yet?"
"Kunibae~ Are you done with your work?"
"Kunikusushi, do you like sushi?"

Scaramouche didn't really mind, he might've even kind of liked those weird nicknames.

He would never admit it, but he wants to hear Y/n say his name again and again. Only his name, and no one else's.

If she said somebody else's name.. would she say it the same way she says his? No, that can't be..

Y/n loves him and only him. There is no way she would call someone else's name, right?

Although Scaramouche trusted Y/n, his instincts were telling him to lock her up and keep her with him forever.

Scaramouche, for once, was scared of obeying his thoughts. He knew Y/n wouldn't like that, and he couldn't risk it. He just need to confirm with her..

"..hey, Y/n. You love me, correct?" He said, grabbing hold of Y/n's wrist. Holding onto it so tightly that it stings, probably left some marks.

"Yeah, of course! I love you so much I could die, Kuni." Y/n said sweetly, flashing her best charming smile at him.

She hugged him tight, leaving Scaramouche stunned for a few seconds.

"You're right.. you love me. You love me. You.. will love me and only me." He said, hugging her back even more tightly.

"I love you too, Y/n. I love you a lot." Y/n actually knew what was going on in Scaramouches head.

Did you really think, that after reading tons of Scaramouche x Reader fanfics, she wouldn't know?

She wanted him to feel at ease, and she would do anything. She didn't even care if he locked her up, all she needed was him, and only him.

That was exaggerating, she also needed sunlight, water, food, friends, and many other things.

But, for that one moment, Y/n knew she only needed Scaramouche.