By The Lake

Vincent followed Vanessa as if he was in a trance. The effect of his first cigarette was making him dizzy, but he liked it. He could finally stop thinking about his problems.

'There' Vanessa pointed towards the lake, sitting on the cold sand, Vincent doing the same. 

Vanessa looked into his green eyes as if she was expecting something. It was that moment when he realized  what she meant by making the pain go away. He was not stupid and grabbed the chance and leaned towards her, closing his eyes, just like he knew girls and boys do in all those  love stories that were so cheesy. But deep inside, he was craving that kind of love.

'Not like that' Vanessa interrupted his thoughts. 'You should tilt your head. Like this'. That being said, right there, in that moment, when the summer breeze was gently caressing her light brown hair, Vanessa, the girl that he met in the summer camp, stole his first kiss and not only. Not much time after their lips made the first contact, their mouths opened slowly, her tongue slipping inside. 

Everything was new to Vincent, but he was not going to stop there. Their tongues continued to dance for a while, when she barely stopped, telling Vincent to undress. The boy did not hesitated, not feeling ashamed of his well built body. He took of his shirt. The moon rays were contouring his well defined muscles. Once he untied his hair, his golden hair was falling down to his shoulders. 

The kissed went down on Vanessa's undressed boy, him awkwardly trying to seem as if he had control over the situation. The ecstasy was taking control of him, his body being controlled by the animalistic human nature. And just like that, under the moon in its first quarter , on the cold, rough sand, they became one. To Vincent, it seemed just like the nature was making a circle around them, him and Vanessa being the center of it, as if the sun, the moon and the stars were all just some insignificant servants in their universe. That was it. The feeling that he was looking for. The feeling of finally being in control over something in his chaotic life, combined with this brutal connection between two bodies. 

At that point in his life, Vincent truthfully believed that was how true love is supposed to feel like.  Like a lioness biting his face with its white fangs, disfiguring him, thus rediscovering himself as in this androgynous union. Pain and pleasure filled his body, convincing him that this feeling is going to conclusively keep him happy.

Vincent had no idea that  that summer night was going to be last time he was seeing Vanessa, having her body close to his, feeling her, flesh and bone, in and out. Or was it?