7-8 - The Terror Within

I was helping coach Korra and Bolin in metal-bending but Bolin wasn't really getting it. They were sparring with Wing and Wei which were the only two of my siblings I liked, they always let me play power disc with them and I even showed them my punching bag tree.

"I can't believe I'm sparring with the avatar!" Wing yelled excitedly.

"I can't believe I'm stuck with our sister's boyfriend."

Bolin was struggling to say the least and Wei was getting impatient. He metalbended two plates, sandwiching Bolin.

"Trial and error best way to learn metalbending!"

Bolin kicked up a small rock and hurled it at Wei's forehead.

"OW WHAT THE FUCK MAN!"

"Nice shot Bolin, I thought this was metalbending training?"

"Yeah! Cheater."

"Mako, metalbending is incredibly difficult, only like one out of a hundred people get it on the first try."

Cut to Korra absolutely FOLDING Wing at metal bending.

"Oh come on she's the avatar!"

"Guys we should clean up, tonight's Opal's farewell dinner."

"Good riddance."

I headed up to my room when someone knocked. I opened it and saw my older yet shorter sister. I attempted to close the door but she held it open.

"Can we talk?"

We sat down on my bed.

"I never realised I took your spotlight, I guess we just all had to fight for mom's attention but that was the wrong way to go about it. I just wanted a little sister that I could talk to and have fun with but I messed that up from the start. I'm sorry, I want to be your sister again." She started tearing up. "I'm sorry I couldn't let you have an older sister and-" 

"Get out."

"What?"

"I said, GET THE FUCK OUT! I don't want your half assed apology."

"It's not half assed! I am really sorry! And I want to be a better sister."

"I understand that but I'm not ready to forgive you or Mom yet. I just need some time."

She nodded and walked out of my room. I headed to dinner and sat at the table.

"Everyone, if I could have your attention please? Tonight, my little girl leaves for the Northern Air Temple. Opal, none of us could be more proud of you. You're an incredible daughter, sister, friend, and soon to be airbending master. Here's to Opal. May she help lead us into the new era!"

"To Opal!" We said raising our glasses. I raised my glass but didn't say anything.

After dinner we sent Opal off to the Northern Air Temple on an airship. I stretched my arms while I started walking back to my room.

"So you talked to her?" Bolin asked walking next to me.

"She talked to me actually. I'm not ready to forgive her yet."

I collapsed on my bed and drifted to sleep. 

Later that night, Briar started growling at something outside.

"Sleep." I saw four people running off with Korra in their arms.

"Korra! THEY HAVE KORRA!"

I ran out in my pyjamas and fought off the intruders. One was a lava bender, one was an armless waterbender, one was a combustion bender and the last one was an airbender, Zaheer. I bended rocks at them but they were getting melted by the lava bender. Bolin and Mako joined the fight. Flood lights shone on the intruders and alarms blared. Me and my family caged them in with metal plates.