Girl Meets Prom

If you want to see Riley, Maya, Mia, and Sarah's prom dresses, the links below will lead you to them. Riley's is the red one, Mia's is the green one, Maya's is blue, and Sarah's is purple, and tell me which one is your favorite:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/541206080191986273/

http://www.promgirl.com/shop/dresses/viewitem-PD1299874

http://www.promdressonstores.com/images/Blush%209880%20Blue%20White%20Cutout%20Crystals%20Beaded%20Short%20Prom%20Dress.jpg

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/374080312769138751/

Here we go. Girl Meets Prom!

//////

I've been waiting, for a, day like this to come, struck like lightning, my heart's beating like a drum, on the edge of something wonderful, face to face with changes, what's it all about, life is crazy, but I know, I can work, cuz I got you two living with me, I feel alright, I'm gonna take on the world, light up the stars, I got some pages to turn, I'm singing oh oh oh, oh oh oh, take on the world, take on the world (take on the world), take on the world, take on the world (take on the world).

//////

"I think this one is perfect. It goes off my shoulders and the sleeves are lace, and really, the dress is just beautiful." Riley said, twirling around in yet another prom dress.

"Riles, that's what you said about the last four dresses." Maya replied, putting a stick of gum in her mouth.

"Aren't you going to try any on?"

"No, I'm not. Josh hasn't asked me to go to the prom with him yet."

"Still. Maya, the prom is a week away, ticket sales end on Tuesday."

"I know." Maya slid off of the chair, jumping up. "I could always ask him. I mean, he isn't in high school anymore. But I've been dropping some pretty big hints that I want him to ask me."

"Like...?"

"Like saying things like 'prom is only a week a way' and 'I'm going dress shopping with Riley for prom' and lastly 'I want you to take me to prom.'"

"Will you try on a dress? Please."

"Fine, I will, but I'm not going to...sparkly." Maya ran through the store to find a white and blue dress. It was really pretty.

"Try it on."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"Because I haven't told you but, things have been tighter since Shawn has been...he was laid off last month Riley."

"I'm sorry Maya."

"And the little spring break. That didn't help."

"Has he found anything?"

"Yeah, he has an interview today. But that doesn't help the whole dress thing today."

Riley pulled Maya in for a hug. "Its okay. I'll buy it for you."

"No, we wouldn't have enough money for both dresses."

"Yes we will. When you see what Lucas gave me a couple weeks ago." Riley said, opening her purse and pulling a small rectangle out.

"Ranger Rick gave you a credit card!"

"Yeah. The day we found out about the baby, he gave it to me for emergencies as well as if I found anything for the baby or their room."

"That's cool. I'll pay with the cash and you with the credit card." Maya paused. "He trusts you with a credit card. Don't you remember Aubrey from Demolition?"