67- Love is born in the dark

Chapter 67 – Love is Born in the Dark (Ergeng)

Suffused with happiness, Duan Shu Tong no longer felt sluggish. He ran to the study full of energy and began to write a treatise.

After Spring Flower No. 1 was developed, he wrote a paper and submitted it to JOC for publication, but he still did not get a respond. Now he was writing about the research and development results of Spring Flower No. 2, and he intended to submit it to JMC.

[T/N: I did a quick Google search and I think JOC stands for the Journal of Commerce, which is a magazine; whereas, JMC might be the Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. Please don't quote me though.]

Both were publications with international power and prestige. Although they were not at the level of "Science" and "Nature," in the field of medicinal chemistry, they were already considered very good.

The reviewer for his paper probably felt sorry for this single dog who was abused [by seeing loving couples] for an entire day. When he finished writing the draft to his current treatise, JOC finally gave him an official reply.

He opened his mailbox and saw the word "passed." Although he knew this was the result, he was still filled with joy.

All of his friends on Moments kept showing off to this single dog. He didn't have to hold back either.

He didn't have any romance to show off, but he could still dazzle them with his career.

Edit text: [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Attach picture: JOC's acceptance news.

Not long after he posted it, there were a lot of likes and comments. He went through them one by one.

Beloved Mom: Son, you are the best! [Kisses]

Dad: Keep up the good work.

Sister: Not bad.

Zhai Jun: !!! Young Master Duan is amazing!

Liu Zhi Fei: Although I don't understand it, it seems pretty awesome. Young Master Duan V587*.

[*T/N: V587 is Chinese Internet slang. It sounds like "威武霸气" which is an expression used to describe someone or something as exceptionally powerful or awesome.]

Cen Ning: Whoa, it's actually JOC. Young Master Duan is remarkable!

He Run: Congratulations.

Duan Shu Tong went through the comments very quickly. He waited for a while, but he didn't see anything from Xi Duan. He couldn't help but put his phone on the table and laughed at himself while holding his forehead.

He was the one who decided to stay away, so what was he thinking now? He must be going crazy.

He wasn't someone who liked to post things on Moments. He told himself that he wanted to show off his career, but in fact it was just to satisfy a certain desire to sound things out.

It was a foregone conclusion, so it was useless to think any more about it. Better to just spend his time revising the draft on Spring Flower No. 2.

For dinner, Duan Shu Tong flippantly downed a bowl of noodles. He couldn't even taste it as he ate it. Just as he was about to wash the dishes the doorbell rang.

He went to open the door.

The man stood outside the door with an ironed shirt and a solemn expression. When he saw Duan Shu Tong, he seemed a little hesitant. His eyes subconsciously moved down to the right, and then quickly retracted to look directly at the young man.

Duan Shu Tong held the doorframe with his hand and smiled, "You got off work this early?"

He was as gentle and warm as ever, but there was a faint sense of alienation.

Xi Duan said, "En. I saw your Moments. I came to congratulate you."

Duan Shu Tong was momentarily stunned. Then he burst out laughing. So it turned out he actually came in person to say a word of congratulations?

He loosened up a little, "Thank you. Would you like to come in and sit for a while?"

When Xi Duan heard these words, he took a step forward with his right foot, but backed away the next second. The look in his eyes was deep, as if he had a lot to say, but in the end he just said, "Why did you suddenly move back?"

He knew that Pei Ruo Wei left and it was natural for the young man to move back in, but he still wanted to ask clearly.

Duan Shu Tong explained with a smile: "Pei Ruo Wei doesn't live here anymore, so I just moved back."

It's not a single man and a single woman living together.

Xi Duan: "..." That's not what he meant.

He finally understood what it feels like to shoot himself in the foot. But who could foretell the future? He thought that he would not fall in love with anyone, and planned to never marry for the rest of his life, but he did not expect that one day, because of the existence of one person, he would be so uneasy and in a dilemma.

Seeing that the man wasn't speaking or leaving, Duan Shu Tong asked with a smile, "Is there anything else?"

The young man's smile really affected Xi Duan's state of mind. He could not help responding with a slight smile. Forcefully affecting the tone of an elder, he said in a voice of half reproach and half teasing: "I have no plans to get married. If Xi Yu comes looking for you in the future, you don't have to pay attention to him."

Duan Shu Tong nodded apologetically, "Okay, I won't anymore."

"Then, I'll go back first."

"Okay."

Duan Shu Tong watched until Xi Duan's figure was gone. Then he closed the door, leaned limply against the door panel, and knocked his head against the thick door a few times with the back of his head. He pressed a hand to his chest and kept telling himself to stop thinking about it.

He's the third male lead! He doesn't plan to get married! I can't dream of having someone I cannot possible have!

After brainwashing himself ten times like this, the pounding of his heart when faced with Xi Duan gradually calmed down.

If Duan Shu Tong did not have enough restraint, the moment that Xi Duan revealed a smile, he would've thrown himself on the other man and hugged him.

Ah! Stop thinking about it!

They say one's fantasies during the day become dreams at night.

When Duan Shu Tong woke up from his dream at two in the morning, he felt some kind of ice-cold sensation. He let out a howl in anguish. His heart was twisted up in knots.

The first time he fell in love with someone, and it was a person that he could see but not attain.

After taking a cold shower and brushing off all the heat on the surface of his person, Duan Shu Tong lay back on the bed, but he could not fall back asleep. He stared at the ceiling with wide eyes, thinking that if he continued like this, he would end up having a nervous breakdown.

T/N: Duan Shu Tong, us readers would like you to have less self-restraint, just throw yourself at your man, because he's obviously your man. XD