Thirty-Two

*Late that night*

I sighed as I walked into the house, setting my purse on the table, and taking off my heels.

Chris smiled at me as I looked at him.

"What are you smiling at?" I asked as the dogs ran to him.

"I'm just glad I didn't have to cancel a reservation." He said, smiling mischievously, kneeling down to pet them.

I laughed, heading to the living room.

I sat down on the couch, massaging my feet.

I looked at Chris who was taking off his suit jacket, hanging it over a chair for a minute.

"Also, we have the house to ourselves."

"What an astute observation, Chris." I said, sarcastically.

He chuckled and I looked at him.

"Is that what you wanna do?" I asked, crossing my left leg over my right.

"If it's not what you wanna do, then I'm not gonna make you do it." He said, putting his hands in his pockets. (Ugh what a gentleman.)

"Besides, you're pregnant, you deserve a break." He smirked.

"Good, cause I am not in the mood, I just wanna relax and watch a movie." I said as I raised my arms, stretching.

I put my arms down as Chris looked at me with adoration.

He smiled, "Alright, that's fine."

He walked over and sat down next to me, putting an arm around me.

"What movie do you wanna watch?" I asked as the dogs made their way on the couch, and Gunner found his place on his dads lap.

"I don't know." I said, resting my head on his chest.

"How about we watch... an old favorite? Like... a movie we loved when we were 12?" I suggested.

He looked at me, with an exhausted smile on his face.

"Stop, you just made me feel super old."

I giggled, "Because you are super old."

He smirked and said, "So are you."

I gave him a light punch to his arm.

"I am not old." I smiled.

"Wanna watch The Breakfast Club?"

He sighed.

"I have the disc we watched when we were 12." I said.

"Your mom gave it to me when we visited for Christmas last year."

"Babe, stop making me feel old."

I laughed, giving his chest a gentle pat.

"No."

He put his hand on the back of my head and kissed me.

I got up and went to the entertainment center and grabbed the movie.

(One of these babies

(One of these babies.)

I opened it and found a note from Chris's mom.

I pulled it out of the disc box and I saw that it said "To Mrs. Evans."

I sighed before I started giggling.

"We're not even married yet." I muttered, smiling as Chris got up, walking up to me.

"What's that?"

"It's a note... from your mom." I said, and opened it.

"Hello lovebird, you two were meant for each other, even if it took a little over two decades. This movie is a gift, it's not in the most perfect condition, but I watched it all the way through, and it was perfect! (Which is surprising because this disc was watched every Saturday for three years!) You two should watch this and think about the past, when you two were the best of friends, you two would be there for each other, no matter what. I remember one time Chris came home, angry about something, I asked him what happened and he said that your boyfriend was cheating on you. I saw the anger in his eyes, and that's when I knew he was in love with you. He may not have known, but I did. You two are so beautiful together. You two have my blessing, even though you two aren't in your teens and you know what you're doing. I love you so much, you hold a dear place in my heart."

"Aww look, read this." I said and gave it to him.

He took it from me and read it as I put the dvd in the dvd player.

"Is the dvd player hooked up to the tv?"

"I don't know, probably."

I nodded.

"Ugh, gross, I might have to pull the tv out and hook it up then."

I turned on the tv and switched the input to the dvd player, then I turned on the dvd player, and I grabbed the remote that was on it.

And to my surprise, it was hooked up.

I put the movie in and and waited for the ads at the beginning to pass.

I smiled as I remembered one time I was with Chris watching this movie.

*Flashback*

"Come on, scooch over loser, you're taking up the whole couch." I said, wanting to pull him off the couch by his legs.

Chris smirked, "Why?"

"Because if you don't, I'll drag your ass out that door." I muttered to him, a slight smile on my face because I found this amusing.

He gasped dramatically, "You swore! I'm telling!" He yelled before getting up and running to his mom.

"Mom!"

I followed him and tried grabbing at him, but I couldn't because he was -as always- just out of reach.

"Chris, get back here!" I shouted as we ran past Scott.

"What is up with you kids?" Lisa asked, and I realized that we disrupted her preparing dinner.

"She swore at me!" Chris said, a smirk still on his face.

"I'm six-teen, that means I'm going to be a teenager, teens will be teens."

Lisa smiled, going back to chopping, "I'll let it slide this time, go back and watch the movie."

I smirked at Chris, sticking my tongue out at him.

*End of flashback*

I smiled, rubbing a tear off of my cheek.

"Y/n?"

"Yeah?"

"When did you grab Cookie dough ice cream?"

"The other day when I went to the store, if you want some you can have some."

"Thanks!"

🎉 You've finished reading 𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚐𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍 || 𝙲𝚑𝚛𝚒𝚜 𝙴𝚟𝚊𝚗𝚜 🎉