Four

*Monday*

Y/n's pov

I woke up to an alarm clock blasting off in my ear.

I groaned as my arm flung over and smacked the snooze button.

I sat up and I rubbed my face, getting up  and going to my bathroom, doing what else I needed to do before taking a shower.

I wrapped a towel around my body.

I rubbed my forehead as I walked to my dresser, grabbing clothes to wear for school.

I grabbed a pair of black leggings and a random shirt.

I also grabbed a bra and a pair of panties.

I quickly got dressed, hearing my brother come up the stairs.

He knocked on my door.

I walked over to the door and I opened it.

"Yes?" I asked, looking at him.

"Mom's making breakfast."

I smiled "Yummy, tell her I want some."

"Already did, I just came up here to tell you that Chris is here to walk with you to school."

"...Oh." I said softly.

"Yeah."

"Tell him it's going to be awhile."

He smiled and he nodded before poking my waist.

"No, I don't like that." I said, holding my waist, protecting it from any future pokes... or tickles.

He chuckled "I'm gonna go now."

"You better." I said before closing my door.

I went over to my bed and I grabbed my slightly oversized sweater that I had since I was chubby.

I didn't like being stared at when I was chubby, so I lost weight over the summer, it was definitely surprising to the popular kids when I came back.

One of the popular girls come up to me and she said if I would be her friend.

Of course, I said no, I'm not wasting my life with the fakest people in the school.

Of course, over that summer I learned to love myself.

I looked in the mirror as I pulled up my shirt, looking at my faint stretch marks.

I smiled.

I put the sweater on before grabbing my bag, and going downstairs.

I sat at the table, stretching a little bit.

"Why do you walk to school?" My older brother asked.

"Exercise." Was all I said before my mom set a plate of pancakes and bacon in front of my face.

"School is like- a half a mile away!" He said.

"And that is great exercise." I said before shoving a piece of pancake into my mouth.

"Y/n-"

"Look Simon, I'm surprised that you're not skinny by now because you sure do run your mouth a lot, now shut up." I said.

I smiled briefly until my mom said "Apologize to your brother." 

"Okay- actually, you know what? I'll do it later, I have to go." I said as I picked up my backpack, taking the last bite of the pancake, and picking up the bacon and going to the door, stuffing the bacon into my mouth as I put my shoes on, only to accidentally taste the bacon and start salivating.

I open the door and I took the bacon out of my mouth as I stepped out.

"Hey Chris, how are you doing?" I asked before taking a bite of the bacon.

He smiled "I'm great."

I sighed as I realized that it was a crisp morning, cold now, but really warm later.

We started walking- and talking to help pass the time- to school.

"Hey do you remember anything from Friday?"

I laughed softly "No, I do not, why did I do something?"

"Well, Yes?"

"What was it? What did I do?"

"You told me that you liked me, and that you wished that you were with me."

I raised my eyebrow.

"Really?"

"Yes, that's all you did."

"Oh."

"Was that true? Do you really wish to be with me?"

I looked at Chris as so many thoughts went through my head.

"I don't know, maybe somewhere in my subconscious mind I might like you, but I have a boyfriend, and I love him." I said.

The rest of the walk was silent, it's never been this quiet between us.

It's always been, jokes, laughs, and smiles.

But what if I actually do like Chris?

Would that cause problems in our friendship?

I softly shook my head when we walked into school.

We smiled softly at each other before we went our separate ways to go to class.