Chapter 5 • Rise of the Teenage Mutant Homie Turtles

We jump from rooftop to rooftop moving around and keeping our eye out for anything suspicious. While going on our little "adventure" I start to reflect on my life. Rashawn and I are brothers. Which also means we share a dad. Our father trained us in ninjutsu for a short period of our lives. He never explained to us where he got his skills. Thinking about it makes my head hurt every once in a while. But it's not something I typically reflect on throughout my life. This particular moment of my life, however, gives me more time to think over what happened.

Being a Teenage Mutated Turtle really isn't some type of thing that happens very often. Especially to some teenage boys from the hood. But what I often ask myself is, why does my own father know these ninjitsu skills? I never really thought about it before but the possibility of my father being a ninja makes me laugh. But after my recent experience, I learned to take things seriously. My father could ACTUALLY be a ninja. I could use the ninja skills he taught me when I was around 7 years of age to my advantage. Do I tell Rashawn or the others? I'm not sure...

But right now, this may be a good time to tell them about it. I'm not sure right now but I might as well do it. But we're pulling up to our location of the recent whereabouts of the Purple Dragons. My brothers and I can finally end this chaos as well to bring peace to our hood. What do I tell Dad or April? That currently does not matter to me right now. My brothers and I stand on the roof right below the Purple Dragons, all geared up with weapons. I stand there, holding my blade in a relaxed ready position. To my left, Dovante and Malik follow suit with baton staff and nunchucks. With his fists, Rashawn guards my right side. I sense his body quivering with tense energy, waiting to be triggered into a savage, slashing release. As we get ready we jump down behind the Purple Dragons 4 members of them left. We spin our weapons around getting ready to attack and defeat them once and for all.