~Billy Hargrove~

3rd Person

"You're late." Billy says.

"I'm so sorry" She bows her head and meanly mumbles

"No. I need strong. Not this weak and late. Do you even want to be here?" He says with passion

"Yes!" she says being more adorable than strong

"What I need isn't your "adorable." I need your power, your fury. You want to be here? Show me. Show me you WANT to be my teammate." Billy says getting a little red faced.

"I wanna hear Billy!!!" She says with a little whine. 

"Alright, alright. That was it. I could feel it, that's what I want.      Good. You and I are going to be an unstoppable force.     Now show me 'adorable.'" 

"W... what?" she says getting shy.

"Aww, you're so cute. That's better.       See, it isn't one or the other I need. I want both of your sides. The strong, the tough, the fierce, and the sweet and adorable. Can you give that to me?" Billy says looking at her with a cute hard look on his face. 

Becoming self-conscious she says, "Yes sir?!"

"Not sir. There's no need for that now.      Billy. You can call me Billy. No one else may call me that, only you.   We have a deal, friend?"   Billy  puts his hand out. 

"Okie dokie!!" she says shaking his hand with enthusiasm. 

"Oh, come here! There you go. Such a sweetheart. I think we're gonna be great together."  He puts his arm around her. "Don't you?"

She responds with, "Mhm!"

Billy then looks at her and says, "You like feeling safe? Don't you? With me, you don't have to worry about anything. Any problem at all, I will kick it's ass. You're safe. I got you."

She gets all shy and a little red faced and mumbles, "Thanks Billy."

"Are you blushing?"   He leans down and whispers in her ear.   "Such a cutie, you."

She hides her face in her hands and there is a muffled, "No I'm not!"

"Aww." He gently grabs her arms and pulls her face out. "Don't you see, you don't need to be all tough, or all adorable, or even all both. Just be you."   He puts his arm around her and kisses her on the cheek.  "And I got you. I will protect you, always."

"Thanks Billy." She said looking up at him like he was her everything.

"You're always welcome. There's that adorable side. I'm serious, too. I'm not being nice, or romantic."  He leans closer.  "If anyone messes with you..." A cruel smile begins on his lips.  "I'll destroy them."

"But that's my job. Your job is to be cute, adorable, and the sweetest girl there is."   He squeezes her hand, his grip tight but not painful.   "Can you give me that?"

"Yes Billy," she says nodding her head in agreement

"Good."   Billy smiles, his face growing tender and almost soft, a look he's not shown before. As a breeze blows through the gym's doors, he pulls her in for a soft hug.   "You are wonderful. Don't you ever forget that."

She blushes mad, and Billy chuckles.