Friends?

This can't be happening, me of all people, getting a role this big. I feel like everything I've ever worked for is finally paying off.

stop.

I'm doing what I always do.. getting ahead of myself. Sure you did good, but there were three other groups that could have done just as good if not better.

I rush out to my car, partly because I'm excited. But mostly because I don't wanna talk to Evan after I embarrassed myself more that once.

"hey!" I hear just as I'm about to open the car door.

I almost made it..

I slowly turn around and akwardly make out the words

"heyyyy" giving him the fakest smile that I could. Hoping to give off the 'I don't wanna be here, leave me alone' vibe.

"You're just gunna leave? No 'You did great!' not even a goodbye?"

I laugh again making sure it's as fake as I can make it.

"Right. You did great! Now goodbye. Was that good enough for ya" I said while trying to open the car door for the second time.

"No, but you can make it up to me. Let's go get lunch. Ya know celebrate?"

I look at the time even though I know that I have nothing better to do.

"I was gunna make up a bull shit excuse, but I'm just gunna be honest. I don't want to"

"Blunt. I like that, how'about in&out? Something quick so you aren't forced to hangout with me more than 30 minutes. How's that sound?"

I can tell he's not gunna shut up unless I go with him.

"Fine, make it 15 minutes and I'll meet you there"

He gives me a final smirk and walks off to his car.

I don't want him to get in the way of my chances of becoming something great. I'm just gunna pretend to be a heartless bitch. It's worked for me in the past.

I don't like him. I don't like him. I don't like him.

something I have to keep telling myself.

If anything we'll be just friends.