Torture

I woke up. Another day. Same as always. Same routine. I wake up to chains clanking as I try to move. This is my reality. I'm only 8. My mother comes in and starts to beat me. It gets to the point where it's so painful I start screaming.
"It's just a....."
"Come on, come back!"
"It's fine!"
"You're okay!!"
Suddenly you jolt awake. Just another day, another nightmare. The same one you've been having since you were 8, after you were rescued. You father is sitting besides you rubbing your back. He's normally closed off and distant from everyone but he has a soft spot for you, cats, and coffee.
"Alright kid. I'm making coffee. Get dressed and come down when your ready....and take it easy!"
Get dressed? Why would I need to get dressed?
"I know you didn't forget! You're praised for your excellent memory!"
...
"School!"
Right I have school. It's my first day of Highschool and I'm really nervous. Im going to U.A. And since it's a hero school I'll be expected to actually engage in combat. I really don't like violence. I used to think it was cool because of my dad, but since I was abused I'm fearful of it....

Anyway I'm ready. I walk downstairs and eat breakfast. Dad hands me a cup of coffee and three thermos. I have adhd, Coffee helps me calm down, surprisingly. We head to the car and drive to school.
"Y/N"
"Yeah?"
"We're getting there early so you don't have to deal with your classmates just yet. Take time to examine your surroundings and get your bearings."
"K dad"