Chapter 6

"What was that about?" Sam asks.

"Don't worry about it." The Doc and Link say at the same time to Sam.

"Ok? Her reaction to my question was weird though guys." Sam says.

"She doesn't like to talk about it." Link says. Sam raises his eyebrow at Links comment.

"We shouldn't even be disscusing this with you." Doc says.

"Ok, I won't say nothing to her." Sam says.

"Thank you." The Doc says.

'What is her deal?' Sam questions to himself.

________________________________________________________________________________________

I walk back out of the room, when Monger says over the loud speaker that we have arrived in Modesto.

I change back into my black tee, ripped pants, and boots, and then slip back on my leather jacket.

I wipe the last tear off my face and fix myself up so I don't look like a hot mess.

I head out the door and walk up next to Doc, he sees me standing there and rubs a comforting hand on my sholder. Sam looks down and also notcied me standing there, he smiled at me, and I mimicked the gesture.

The hatch opened and that was it, we were all walking down the street as Sam was giving us a lecture (mainly Doc, Link, and B.O.B) But I listened anyway, it was nice to be listing for once not having to give instructions.

"OK, remember, these people aren't used to seein'... anything like... you, or you... or you. So just be, ya know, cool. Just be... you know... Follow my lead." Sam said with pride that lasted for a about a second before he accidentaly stepped on someones fence, then all hell broke lose. The guys started bashing in the rest of the fence.

"STOP!" I yelled at them and they did.

"That was an accident! Don't destroy anything!" Sam added.

"Sammy?" A voice called from next door making all of our heads snap towards the voice, Sam must've known the voice, because a really big smile spread across his face. He walked over to the house next door.

"Mom? Dad?" He said kneeling down.

"Sammy!" The older man yelled.

Me and the guys walked up and stood out on the side walk, not interrupting the little family reuinion.
Sam held his hands around them.

"Did they experiment on you?" His mom asks in a worried tone.

I elbow the Doc in the side at that and look at him. He just looks down at me and glares knowing about the failure to shrink Sam. I stiffle a laugh at that.

"No, Mom. I'm fine." Sam responds. His parents seem to notice us standing there akwardly.

"Did you forget something Sam?" I ask him crossing my arms looking up at him, which he turnes his head and looks at the four of us standing there, then it finally dawns on him that he was caught up in his little moment.

"OH. It's OK. They're with me. These are my new friends." He tells them proudly.

We all end up akwardly waving at them, not knowing how to greet them.

"Thats Avery, Docter Cockroach, Link, and B.O.B." He says pointing to each one of us. His parents end up walking up to us and introducing themseleves.

"Im Wendy." His mom says politely shaking my hand and everyone elses.

"And Im Carl." His dad says kindly to.

"We've heard lots of great thing about you guys." I say to them a little to warmly, not sure what to say to them.

"Really?" Wendy questions smiling up at Sam, who in return blushes and scratches the back of his neck akwardly.

"Well let's all come to the back yard and chat, we'd like to get to know you guys." Wendy says warmly.

'I have got to get out of here.' I think to myself, smiling at Wendy as she and her husband turn around heading towards the back yard, everyone else following behind them

it's way to hard being here.

When everyone started walking back there. I slipped away, unnoticed. Running as fast as I could all the way down the streets of the neighborhood.