𝕏𝕀𝕍

chapter fourteen

chapter fourteen

          "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS, YOUR MAJESTY?" Grandclain exclaimed as I began to slip on my cloak. "Do you not remember the last time you visited the Elders?"

Genevieve flinched at the glare Granclain directed towards me. Her fingers trembled as she buttoned the cloak, so I stopped her. Her gaze met mine. I knew she was also concerned, but I had to go. I needed answers and they were the only ones who could give it to me. Releasing her hand, I watched as Genevieve stepped back and disappear into the adjourning room. 

"Mikayla," Grandclain said, my attention snapping back to him. He was frowning, a ruffle growing between his brows. "Why?"

"Do you remember the prophecy? I need to understand it. If my relationship with Christian could harm the realm, I need to know," I argued, hoping he would understand.

"But why?" he questioned. I looked away, swallowing hard. A beat went by before I heard a slow inhale of realisation. His words were loaded with defeat, "Because you want to be with him."

"I do not understand why the Divine Celestials fated me with him. I do not understand these feelings that bubble with me. But there must be a reason that we met," The aching in my heart felt like pins and needles from the nights I spent wishing I wouldn't be alone. "I need to understand. So, please don't stop me."

Grandclain didn't respond immediately, but he took a step towards me and finished buttoning the cloak. 

"I know how hard these years have been for you. This world has been cruel to you. You were so young when your family was taken from you. It wasn't fair. But you have risen above, Mikayla," He lightly caressed my cheek with a fatherly smile as I blinked away my tears. "So, I hope to the Goddesses that Christian is the answer to your happiness."

"Thank you, Grandclain," I whispered, brokenly.

Pressing a kiss on the crown of my head, he left me in my room with my thoughts and fears until I was ready to pretend everything was fine again. 

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

General Midas expressed his disdain towards this journey and brought Jaime along with us. Whilst Midas practically sulked on the trip to the Elders, Jamie couldn't stop gushing on with excitement. He was a huge fan and it was a privilege to be around such powerful people. One could say the Elders were almost as powerful as Aurelias. 

That was probably true, considering I couldn't control my magic which only intensified by the day. 

Today was no different. My skin was sensitive to the light and stung whenever I touched something. I ended up wearing gloves and keeping myself covered. I had to get out of the castle without Cayden noticing so he wouldn't raise any concerns to Christian, which meant I had Genevieve keep him distracted until I came back.