eight

CAMDEN'S POINT OF VIEW:

I SIGHED quietly to myself as I stood to the side, arms crossed as I watched the Nightshades somewhat 'interrogate' Wednesday. They had tied her wrists up with rope and had only just taken the bag off of her head. Dramatics may be the only thing they can do right.

The Nightshades stood in a semi-circle around Wednesday, their hoods pulled over the faces. They both ridiculous and like they were a part of a cult.

"Who dares breach out inner sanctum?" Bianca asked her, putting on an awful mysterious voice.

"You can take the mask off Bianca," Wednesday told her, and then each Nightshade pulled their hood down.

"Wait, I preferred you with it on," Wednesday remarked, making me grin from my position.

Agreed.

She must have noticed though, not that it was much of a surprise. "You're with these high school clowns as well Camden?"

I shook my head, "No, I found out about them years ago and declined their offer. So as long as I don't reveal them, I just come here to read,"

"How did you get down here?" Xavier interrupted, "Rowan showed me. Left pocket," she explained simply. Xavier seemed unsure so I walked up to her instead, pulling out a piece of paper from her pocket.

It was a drawing that seemed to be set here at Nevermore, however the large tree was caught a light and right in front of it was a girl who seemed awfully similar to Wednesday.

"I tracked the watermark from the page down to the Poe statue, then I solved the riddle," she told the Nightshades.

"Wait, there's a riddle?' Kent questioned, making a confused expression as he looked over at Bianca, "I thought we just snapped twice,"

"Well, aren't you the brightest in the bunch?" Wednesday remarked.

"The Nightshades are an elite social club. Emphasis on elite," Bianca explained to her, "We have roof parties, campouts, the occasional midnight skinny-dip," Yoko calmly explained some of their activities.

"And Yoko's an amateur mixologist," Divina added, "She makes a killer virgin mojito, it can get pretty wild," Ajax told Wednesday, smiling at the thought.

"Wow. do you guys even have a bedtime?" Wednesday said in a monotone voice, "Last I heard, the Nightshades had been disbanded,"

"Yeah, the group kind of lost it's charter 30 years ago, after some normie kid died," Xavier explained.

"But we have a lot of wealthy alumni, so Weems looks the other way as long as nobody makes any waves," Yoko added to his explanation.

"Someone like Rowan?" Wednesday wondered, making Bianca frown, "We booted that loser last semester," the was a brief moment of silence before Bianca asked a question.

"The question is, what are we gonna do with her? Only members are allowed in the library, with the exception of Camden,"

All the Nightshades looked at each other, clearly unsure of what to do. I noticed Xavier glance at Wednesday before looking over at Bianca, "I say we invite her to pledge,"

"She has a legacy," he added, gesturing over to a photograph on the wall of Gomez and Morticia Addams when they were students at Nevermore.

"After the crap she pulled in the Poe Cup, there's no way in hell. We talk about not making waves, she's a tsunami," Bianca rejected the idea immediately.

"Just because I beat you at your own game? Let me save you the trouble. I'm not interested in joining," Wednesday told her, and I had stop myself from grinning.

"You're seriously turning us down?" Yoko asked her, clearly shocked, "Can you believe it?" Wednesday mimicked her tone.

"Untie her," Bianca directed, "I freed myself 5 minutes ago," Wednesday intervened, holding up the piece of rope before she stood up. I handed her the picture as she made her way to the staircase, only Kent stepped to the side, blocking her way.

"Do you want a matching black eye?" Wednesday threatened, as she gave him the rope and walked right by him. Everybody watched her as she started walked up the staircase, only she paused for a moment, looking down at us, "It's amateurs like you who give kidnapping a bad name,"

I grinned to myself, finding it amusing to watch the Nightshades fail to gain a new member, whether they wanted her to join or not.

"What are you grinning about?" Bianca asked me and I shrugged, turning to Xavier, "I guess you guys are losing your touch," I commented, patting him on the shoulder before heading up the stairs.

— AUTHORS NOTE

update lmao

and 'cammie is out there with the attitude' as stevie says lmao