CHAPTER 3

Aleckzaj Hope Marqueza

" Marqueza? Magkaano-ano kaya ni Alyxianna Marqueza? " I'm tired of this question but I still understand the situation since my sister is very famous and everyone knows her.

I wipe my sweats using my neat face towel before answering her. " Sisters."
And get my gray hydro flask and take a drink.

I heard the girl yelled in surprise. She even jump in happiness. I didn't give her attention since I'm tired because of the try out for volleyball varsity. Maliban kay Papa wala nang nakakaalam na naglalaro ako nang volleyball. Si Papa din kasi ang trainor ko sa Japan. Actually, playing volleyball is just my pastime until mas lalo ko nang nagustuhan. Marami rin akong naging kalaro sa Japan.

" Oh my god! Nice to meet you I'm Onyx." She handed me her hand for shake hands. Tinitigan ko iyong kamay niya and look away.

" I don't like skin contact." I coldly said.

"Uhm okay lang." Masayang sagot niya at umupo sa tabi ko pero 1 meter and half namang space. " Sana makapasok tayo!"

I turn my gaze to her and she was smiling, showing her excitement. Uminom rin siya and didn't bother to wipe her sweats. I look away. She looks messy and it's kinda gross since I'm very hygienic.

" Uhm..alam mo bang idol ko ang ate mo? Isa talaga siya sa dahilan kaya gusto kong maglaro nang volleyball. Inspiration ko siya." She keeps blabbering. She even told me when she starts admiring Alyx.

Ang ilang kasabayan namin sa try out ay may kanya-kanyang ginagawa while resting.

" And alam m—"

I lean on the steps. " I'm tired. Please stop talking." I close my eyes.

Mas lalo lang akong mapapagod sa kaingayan niya.

" Hala sorry. Sige magpahinga ka na." She apologize at naramdaman kong umalis siya and I heard her voice meters away from me. I sighed.

I want to have a peaceful rest. I took my phone and called her. Good thing I have her number. Two rings before she answer the call.

" Why?" Her passive voice welcomes me.

I stay quietly for a moment. I sighed. " You're busy?" I ask.

" Not exactly. Why?" I heard the noises coming from the keyboard so I think she's typing.

" I'm tired."

I heard her chuckles on the other line. " You're always tired. "

" Try out." I simply said.

" Oh. That's why. Volleyball?" She ask.

" Hmm.." I hum.

Kulang rin ako sa tulog kaya mabilis akong mapagod ngayon. I have a high stamina pero nag-aadjust pa ako sa maingay na environment. Nasanay ako sa Japan na tahimik lang ang mga tao.

Hindi na siya nagsalita pa pero hindi rin nito pinatay ang tawag. I simply heard her breathings and the noises coming from the keyboard.

" Go home after your try out. Take a rest." She reminds me. 1 week narin naman ang nakalipas since magdinner kaming dalawa. She's busy lately. But we sometimes talk on the phone.

" I'll wait for you later at the parking lot." I inform her since I just bought a new car yesterday from my savings.

" You don—"

" I'll drive you home." I cut her off. " May kotse akong dala. " 

After our short conversation ay nagpaalam narin ako since tinawag na kami ni Coach Mia. She was also surprise when she recognized me as Alyx sister. I don't know her and she  said that she's friend with Alyx.