Chapter 27

Kongpob: 22 Arthit: 13

3rd Person's POV
A few weeks after Kongpob's birthday, he'd successfully graduated with the highest honor of his economics degree and he was awarded by the dean. These didn't matter to Kongpob; he did his best academically and knew he had no regrets throughout his whole university life. It was hectic for sure and he didn't go to parties or socialize with many. He knew his priority is to graduate as early as possible while having decent grades, and he did it.

He stood on the stage, bowed to the dean, and grabbed his degree certification. The lights were bright and it was blinding. He had a difficult time looking down the stage, but he could see Prem, Aim, some of his friends, and Arthit sitting a few feet away from the seats specifically for graduates. He waved to them and they cheered back at him. With a smile, he stepped down the stage and jogged back to his seat. The ceremony goes on for another 2 hours and the students around him jumped in excitement when the dean spoke his best wishes to everyone in the hall. He waited for his surrounding to be less crowded before approaching his friends.

"Congratulations, man." Prem said and pulled Kongpob into a hug as he patted his back. He knew Kongpob had a really tough year and he was really thrilled that his friend finally made it. Each of his friends gave them encouraging pats and hugs, some even handed him gifts. He thanked them and with a smile, he looked at the boy standing a few feet away with his hands behind his back.

"Kid." Arthit took a few steps forward and presented him with a box wrapped with a red ribbon.

"P', congratulations." Arthit said and Kongpob crouched down to pull him into his arms.

"Thank you." Kongpob whispered in the younger's ear and he could feel the boy nodding his head before wrapping his arms around his shoulders. A few moments later, he let go of the kid and ruffled his hair.

"Open it." Kongpob opened the box and found a leather watch in it. The crystal of the watch is in royal blue paired with black faux straps.

"I love it. Did you buy it yourself?" Kongpob asked as he knew this watch could be really pricy and he didn't want the younger to spend too much money for his gift even though he's a Rojnapat, blessed with tremendous wealth.

"No, it's from me, P'Prem and daddy." Kongpob nodded his head and thanked him once again.

Standing up, he saw Prem scooting closer to him before whispering, "There'll be a surprise waiting for you in your apartment. We didn't want you to wait long so all of the celebrations are for tomorrow, okay?"

He chuckled when he noticed Kongpob's flushed ears as the latter turned to the side, coughing to hide his coyness.

"Umm, whatever." His friends dropped him off in his apartment and when he reached the door, he could feel his heart pounding in agitation. Taking out his keys, he unlocked the door and walked in just to be really flabbergasted.

"Khao." He called out and instantly embraced the lady that was in an apron.

"Kong, you're back." She hugged his waist and Kongpob tried not to shiver because of her touch.

"You made all of these?" He asked in astonishment while glancing at the food on the dining table. He knew she must have taken a lot of effort to prepare all of these, "Thank you so much."

She giggled as Kongpob smacked a kiss on her cheek, "No 'I love you'?"

"I love you." They had a great early dinner and when they were done, they snuggled in each other's arms on Kongpob's bed. Whispering sweet nothings to each other as they felt content with each other's presence. That's when Kongpob decided to gently place a kiss on KhaoFang's neck. She shivered slightly as Kongpob moved down to the base of her neck. His breaths were getting heavier as he felt KhaoFang melting in his warmth.

"Khao." His voice sounded hoarse and KhaoFang could only whimper. But when Kongpob's hands reached for her shirt's button, he was stopped as she caught his hand tight.

"Kong." Kongpob heard her say as he tried to keep himself in control even if his wolf in his mind was roaring in protest.

"No." She said and Kongpob turned to lie on his back. The both of them stayed in immense silence, only Kongpob's gasps could be heard.

"Khao, do you trust me?" Kongpob asked as he tried not to let his voice tremble, gripping the sheets tightly.

"I trust you, Kong." KhaoFang answered and Kongpob shut his eyes tight.

"Then, why do you still use a scent blocker when I'm around." He could feel KhaoFang stiffen beside him. He knew the reason why she used a scent blocker every time. But he thought, with time, he'd earned her trust. She told Kongpob she had a rough childhood as an Omega and Kongpob believed it as he knew Arthit is still having a hard time to cope that he's an Omega himself.

"I'm your Alpha, Khao. You can trust me." He said as he covered his eyes with his hand and when he heard her gently hum in reply, he tried to push down the disappointment rising in his heart. She wasn't willing to submit herself to Kongpob and Kongpob understands that she needs more time but Kongpob was really upset when she wouldn't want to spend nights together on full moons. She would go as far as going back to her home before dinner time when it was the full moon of the month. After dating for around 2 years, he would sometimes he and KhaoFang had a tall barrier between them. He tried to reach to her but she would hide herself. Sometimes, he would encourage her to open up just to let her shut herself up even more. At times, Kongpob felt really tired but he told himself to be more understanding of his partner even though his wolf told him to just move on from her.

"I'm sorry, Kongpob." She apologizes. Times like these made Kongpob mad at himself for not being able to be her shoulder to lean on and the pillar she could rely on. And it made him feel really shitty.

"It's okay, Khao." He gingerly wrapped his arms around her, "I'm sorry too."

A/N:
Although I did mention in the prologue that I might not include pheromones, I might change my mind about that. In this story, an Alpha's scent is very heavy and will be more woody, earthy, or nature-like; Betas don't have scents but if they do; Omegas have a more sweet, calm and light airy scent such as florals and fruits. Wolves in this universe don't usually take control over humans but they'll come out during every full moon (almost like werewolves).

And something's fishy about KhaoFang, don't you think so?