Chapter 22

Kongpob: 20 Arthit: 12

3rd Person's POV
When Kongpob was done with dinner at the Rojnapat's residence, he noticed Arthit retreating to his room. It was an odd scene since Arthit always stayed in the living room to watch a few shows before going back to his room.

He turned around and saw Mr. Rojnapat's gaze on him, "I'll go check on him," he said as Mr. Rojnapat nodded and handed him a tray with a few sweets and treats and two mugs.

Kongpob tried to balance the tray as he knocked on the door and a gloomy voice could be heard.

"Who is it?"

"It's me." He replied and the door slowly opened as the younger appeared from behind the door, looking at him in surprise.

"P'Kong?"

"Yes, now scooch over." Arthit could only make way as Kongpob entered his room and placed the tray on his desk. He took one of the mugs in hand after handing the other to Kongpob. He blew on the hot drink for a moment before sipping it little by little, his eyes focused on the mug of hot chocolate all this while.

"What are you doing here, P'? P'Prem didn't say you're going to visit." Ever since Prem had left, Kongpob didn't come to the Rojnapat as often as he did when he was still in high school. So when Arthit wanted to see him, he'll opt to just visit his apartment or even have a meal outside.

"Prem will be back tomorrow." Kongpob said and Arthit whipped his head up so fast that Kongpob almost thought he would break his neck.

"Huh? But... why?" Arthit asked gingerly as he eyed Kongpob but the older man had a stern look on his face as he looked straight out of the window of Arthit's room, his drink in hand but he'd never taken a sip yet.

"Mr. Theo called him today." In just a few words, Arthit immediately understood why his brother wanted to fly back home despite still being in a busy school semester.

"I'll call him later and tell him not to come back." His answer was met with silence and Arthit thought that Kongpob was about to leave after just sitting on his bed in complete quietness for almost 10 minutes when the other man finally spoke.

"Mr. Theo said you came to my apartment today."

"I did. You're not home." Kongpob wasn't in the mood to correct Arthit that he was home but was just sleeping when the younger came as he asked another question.

"Did you want to talk about it?" This time it was Arthit's turn to grow silent. Kongpob patiently waited for a moment before he finally lay his eyes on the younger.

"Talk about it."

"It's no big deal."

"Arthit." Kongpob called out and the younger took a large heave of breath.

"I want to be an alpha." He finally, shut his eyes tightly in nervousness.

"You are." Hearing Kongpob, Arthit opened his eyes to look at the former with a puzzled look.

"Huh?"

"You are an alpha if you want to be." Kongpob placed his mug on the table and turned to fully face the young Rojnapat.

"B-But they say I'm an omega, and I... I..." His eyes reddened for the umpteenth time today. Kongpob knew Arthit was really disturbed by his classmates in school when he saw the younger so absentminded even during dinner time.

"Your gender doesn't define who you are inside, Arthit. You can be an alpha despite being an omega on the outside." Kongpob explained but it didn't manage to erase Arthit's puzzled gaze on him, "Don't let their words sway you, kid. You are who you want to be, keep that in mind."

He said as he ruffled Arthit's hair and the latter looked at him, this time, eyes sparkly with hope.

"Do... Do you mean it?"

"Yes, now get some sleep. Prem will probably ask you to skip school tomorrow and bring you out." Arthit nodded his head and his eyes followed Kongpob as the latter grabbed his mug before leaving his room.

"Can I really be who I want to be?"

_______________________________________

"Oon." Prem called out as he saw his younger brothers descend the stairs and Bright was beside him. That usual crazy and a little lunatic younger brother of his was now looking at their youngest with a little caution in his eyes. Bright seems to know what happened yesterday to Arthit even though Mr. Rojnapat tried to hide it from the siblings. He hated that his father always tried to hide things from them. The siblings knew about their father's decision on hiding things about Arthit's mother and even tried to reason with him, but the old man was and is very stubborn.

"P'Prem!" Arthit was rushing to him enthusiastically, gone was the distress from yesterday, and he looked like the cheerful and bubbly kid he always is.

"Did you sleep well yesterday?"

"I did, P'Kong left some cookies on my desk yesterday night." Arthit answered and Prem turn to look at his friend.

"Mr. Rojnapat told me to give it to him."

"And you're not gonna give your daddy a kiss for letting you have cookies for supper yesterday?" Mr. Rojnapat pretended to be a little sulky and his kid instantly ran to his arms and placed a loud kiss on his cheek.

"Thank you, daddy and I'm sorry for what I did yesterday." Mr. Rojnapat patted his child's back as the latter apologize for his rude gestures yesterday.

"It's okay, honey. As long as you're well now. I called your teacher today and she approved your absence from school today but you still need to do the homework that she assigned. She'll text me the details after classes today so make sure you do it before bed. Now, go ahead with your P'Prem, and don't be too naughty, okay?"

"Okay, daddy." He nodded and followed Prem out of the house with Bright tagging along. Apparently, Mr. Rojnapat had called in for Bright's absence as well since he thinks it'll be great for his other children to stay with Arthit just in case his youngest was still upset about yesterday's incident. When he was sure the kids were out of the house, he took out his phone and called a number.

"Lek, find the kids that talked to Arthit about his omega identity yesterday."

"Yes, all of them."

"I'll have a talk with their parents today."

A/N:
Merry Christmas and happy holidays, even though I don't personally celebrate this holiday but I wish all of you (including those that don't celebrate) to be surrounded with love and joy always. I hope you enjoyed this chapter since I kinda wrote it last minute and was in a bit of a rush (and I believe Kong deserves some brownie points after his talk with Arthit in this chapter). Thanks for reading and have a good day❤️