Chapter 31

Kongpob: 25 Arthit: 17

3rd Person's POV

Footsteps echoed the long hall as a man was walking down the corridor. The man stopped right in front of a heavy wood door and tidied his suit before pushing it open. Walking into the room, he saw a figure laying on the bed with wires and tubes surrounding the bed, hooked up to machines and even on the man's body. He took a few long strides and stood by the bed, looking at the sleeping older man on the hospital bed.

As if the older man could sense the presence of another person in the room, he stirred slightly and woke up, turning his head to the side while glancing at the younger man in the room groggily.

"Good morning, Alpha King." Kongpob said with a smile and the Alpha King that was laying on the bed widened his eyes in shock and mostly confusion.

"Wondering who I am, Decha?" Kongpob had his hands behind his back as he started to walk around the room, looking at the bookshelves, vases, and windows as he took his time to view the whole room.

"Nice room though, I think it's one of the perks of being a king, you can get everything that you find aesthetically pleasing to be yours." He picked up a stalk of lily of the valley in a vase filled partially with water and sniffed gently, "Just like the gardens in the palace, just like the flowers in your room, just like Dara."

He turned around and the old man raised his arm shakily, staring at Kongpob in disbelief.

"Surprise, surprise, dad. Missed me?" Kongpob placed the stalk back and came to his father's side, sitting by the bed. He reached out his hand and gently caressed the older man's silvery hair before his finger slid down to his eyes and cheeks.

"We do look alike sometimes, especially the eyes, don't you think so?" Decha was struggling to get away from Kongpob but he was only able to grumble under his breath, his body shaking vigorously.

"But I don't think you would notice the resemble since you thought I was dead years ago." Kongpob heaved, his eyes curved disappointedly but he chuckled after a few seconds.

"I'm back, dad, and you can trust me with your throne. I promise I'll be a wonderful king to our people." The old man heard his words and he tried to shake his head.

"I'm not asking, dad. You never asked me to, so why did you think I'll get your permission to rule the kingdom? Oh, and don't worry about the papers, I've my ways to prepare a document saying that you WILLINGLY gave up your throne to me, your legitimate son. So, sleep tight and don't worry anymore. I've got everything under control." Kongpob helped Decha tuck in his blanket and walked off, but he turned and looked at the Alpha King once more.

"Your precious little prince is in my hands, but don't you ever feel worried. I'll take good care of him for you." And he left, hearing the bed creaking loudly and a rough mumbling voice filled with rage.

Kongpob heaved a breath of relief as soon as he closed the door behind him and rubbed his face feeling a little tired. After years, his plan finally worked out. He'd managed to bribe the people working in the palace quite easily to his surprise, but he soon learned that Decha was a jerk to almost everyone working for him except his only son whom the deceased Luna had given birth to 16 years ago.

"P'Kongpob." Kongpob was greeted by a soft and cheery voice when he step foot into the prince's room.

"Kasem." The teen got up from his desk and ran to his brother, face filled with panic.

"Is dad, okay? What happened? He'd been healthy all this while so why did he suffer from a stroke all of the sudden? Is he going to be back to normal soon?" Kasem asked, feeling really concerned about his father.

"The Alpha King is alright, Kasem. The doctor told me he wasn't actually consistent with his annual checkups and apparently, he'd been suffering from hypertension. Plus, he's a heavy smoker as well and that leads to him having a full-body stroke." Kongpob answered as he pulled his brother into a hug, trying to comfort the boy. He'd reached out to his brother two years ago and he found Kasem to be one of the sweetest boys. They started to spend more and more time together and Kongpob found himself genuinely liking his half-brother. This led him to decide to keep his brother out of his plan to avenge Dara.

The plan where he'll kill his own father eventually, where he'll take over the throne, and be the next Alpha King.

He confessed to Kasem about his identity after a year of knowing each other and Kasem promised to keep it a secret from Decha as Kongpob pleaded, saying Decha dislike him because of his 'impure' bloodline.

Hence, Kasem didn't know what he'd plot with Somchai. Somchai wanted to kill the Alpha King but Kongpob was the one to suggest letting Decha suffer more before his death, saying that this way, it wouldn't be too suspicious when the king eventually died of his 'sickness'.

"I'm really sorry for what happened, Kasem. I was talking with dad a few days ago but I guess he was still mad at me when I told him I wanted to meet you, my brother. I wanted us to be a family again. My mom wasn't around for a very long time and she was only my family. So, when I learned that I still have you and dad in this world, I started craving this love." Kongpob whispered by Kasem's ear and he could feel the boy patting his back in comfort, "Is it too much to ask? Does he really hate me that much to the extent of my existence became detrimental to his health?"

He sniffled softly and he could feel Kasem's arms tighten.

"P', it was never your fault. I..." Kasem started sobbing and Kongpob could feel his heart clenched slightly for his younger brother, "I'll be here for you, P', and we'll be there for dad, together, as a family."

"Yes, as a family." Kongpob spoke, tears stained his cheeks but what Kasem couldn't see was the strange gleam in his eyes and the smirk plastered on his face.

A/N:
I'm back! Been a month and I finally found some time to write. And seems like Kongpob's plan was going well but will all of this be worth it in the end?