Chapter 2

On the planet of Naboo, Queen Amidala was sitting on her throne with Marcy standing next to her, still wearing her Amphibia clothes but she had her hood over her head. Along with her, one of her handmaidens

Eirtae, Sache, and her Governor, Sio Bibble, sit around a hologram of Senator Palpatine. 

"Negotiations haven't started because the ambassadors aren't there? How could that be true? I have assurances from the chancellor did arrive," Palpatine said before his voice started distorting. "It must- Handiwork- Negotiate- Ambassadors- Nobody would-"

The hologram suddenly disappeared, causing the members in the room to straighten in confusion. "Senator Palpatine. What's happening?" Queen Amidala questioned, looking over to Captain Panaka.

"Check the transmission generator," he told one of the guards.

The guard nodded, grabbing his comlink to check to see if the transmission generator was working.

"A communications disruption can only mean thing: Invasion," Sio Bibble said.

"The Federation wouldn't go that far... Right?" Marcy questioned, tilting her head.

"Miss Marcy is right. The Federation would not dare go that far," Queen Amidala agreed.

"The senate would revoke their trade franchise, and they'd be finished," Captain Panaka said.

"We must continue to rely on negotiation," Queen Amidala stated.

"Negotiation? We've lost all communications. And where are the chancellor's ambassadors?" Sio Bibble questioned.

Captain Panaka glanced over at him before taking a step forward toward Queen Amidala. "This is a dangerous situation, Your Highness. Our security volunteers will be no match against a battle-hardened Federation army," Captain Panaka explained.

Queen Amidala glanced over to Marcy before looking back over to the people in the room. "I will not condone a course of action that will lead us to war,"

~~~

Six landing crafts fly in formation toward the surface of the planet Naboo.

Three landing craft slowly descend through the cloud cover of the perpetually gray twilight side of the planet. One by one, the Federation warships land in the eerie swamp.

MTT's emerge from the landing craft as half a dozen battle droids on STAPS fly by.

The droid invasion force moves out of the swamp and onto a grassy plain. The commander droid looks out over the vast army marching across the rolling hills. 

Suddenly, a small hologram of Nute Gunray and Daultay Dofine appears. "Yes, Viceroy?"  the commander said.

"Captain, we've searched the ship, and there is no trace of the Jedi or the prisoner. They may have gotten on one of your landing craft," Daultay Dofine informed the droid.

"If they're down here, sir, we'll find them,"  the droid reassured.

"Use caution. These Jedi are not to be underestimated. But make sure you capture the prisoner, alive," Nute Gunray said before the hologram disappeared. 

~~~

Qui-Gon runs through the strange landscape, glancing back to see the monstrous troop transports, emerging from the mist.

The animals in the surrounding area begin to run past him in a panic.

A Gungan named Jar Jar Binks looks around in confusion as he spots the animals running away. He looks forward and spots Qui-Gon and more creatures running like the wind toward him.