chapter one

Sunoo was looking at the bright shiny stars

Sunoo was looking at the bright shiny stars. There weren't as many of them as there were a few nights ago, making him a little sad, but its okay. The sky is still pretty anyways. It doesn't have to be anything special on it.

But he was here because he couldn't sleep. It was horrible, he literally felt as if his eyes were closing by themselves, yet couldn't fall asleep. So, he just stayed outside, watching the the beautiful sky in the dark colors of the night. It was a wonderful sight that calmed you down, removing and setting aside all the stress and negative energy.

The boy averted his gaze at the ground. Can he just stay here forever? He wants to forget everything about his life. His mother, his father, everything.

Sunoo just wanted to lead a normal teenage life, no worries, no problems, no fear. It's the age at which you are free, you only do what you want and it is, of course, the most important period. After all, you're a teenager only once in life.

But for him it's completely the opposite. His mother is in the hospital, so he pays for her bills, and his father; he died when he was little.

He's so young yet so responsible. He works at a cafe, and sometimes, whenever the restaurant needs him there, he also works with a night shift. Like this, he could get enough money for his and his mother's needs.

His friends, Jungwon and Jake wanted to help him by giving him money sometimes, but Sunoo has always rejected them. He doesn't want to take money from his bestfriends, it would be selfish.

They are the best, Sunoo doesn't deserve them.

the boy came back to the reality, feeling a wet sensation on his cheek, he reached his hand to see what it was and felt tears falling down his eyes.
He sighed. Calm down, Sunoo. You'll go through this.

But, as you could see, he's going through a harder time now. Insomnia made its way into his life to fuck ul his sleep, his mother is doing worse day by day and he's constantly at work. He doesn't get time to do anything, sadly. But that's life, right? You just gotta move on.

The boy got up from the bench on which he was sitting, wondering if he should take a quick walk around here, that'll help making him calm down.

He started to walk, taking in deep breaths, with the intention of trying to calm down. This is his special spot. A park, which was full of trees and flowers, rarely seeing someone in it. It felt safe, he came here everytime he couldn't sleep.

Everyone should have a place like this, to cool them down no matter what and forget about everything, focusing on themselves after a long day full of stress and anxiety.

It felt as if it was heaven. Sunoo was glad he was one of the few people who knew this place.
Unknowingly, he smiled and already felt more stress-relieved.

It was past midnight and he still was walking. No one in sight. But, he stopped when he spotted a fountain, standing in the middle of a garden-like place, who in the corners had some roses. It amazed him. How come he hasn't seen this until now?

However, his legs started to move without him realizing to the fountain. It had a little note placed on it.

"Throw a penny in and make a wish, if you're lucky enough, it will come true." He said while tilting his head, amused by all this thing with the fountains of wishes. A penny isn't much. He should just try.
Looking for some money in his pockets, another figure came some meters away from him. It was night and he could barely see his surroundings, well, on the alley it had lanterns, but here in this little garden it was no source of light. so he could not observe the boy's face.

"You come here too?" The voice asked. Sunoo didn't know what to answer. "Kind of." He slowly said, the figure nodded.

Sunoo came back to trying to find the money, but the other man extended his hand with a penny in it. "I assume you want to throw a penny, right?" He almost sounded like he whispered, but Oh god. His voice sounded so sweet, yet, it was also deep.

Sunoo looked at his hand in confusion and hesitance. "I..-"

"Take it, its okay"

Sunoo got the penny from his hand, smiling. "Thank you."

The man next to him chuckled. He shaked his head. "No need."
Sunoo's heart melted at the kindness of this man. His heart felt full.

"Aren't you going to throw it? I'm going to try my luck too." Even though he could not see his face he knew he was smiling at this moment. And, when some rays of light from lanterns touched his face, Sunoo knew this man was handsome.

He snapped out of his thoughts when the boy said that. "Oh yeah"

He quickly looked at it in his hands, closed his eyes and thought about what he would want.

He threw it into the fountain, and the stranger next to him just smiled. "Your turn." Sunoo whispered. The boy nodded. He mumbled something Sunoo couldn't hear, and threw the penny in the fountain.

Sunoo looked at how the figure took out his phone. "I am going, it's almost four am" The figure said, not before bowing to Sunoo instead of saying a 'bye'. Sunoo bowed too and his eyes watched that man walk away. He walked so elegant that he couldn't get his eyes off of him.

His heart was beating really fast and that's the moment he realized that he's been red like a tomato the entire time. But why? The stranger didn't do anything at all, he only gave him a penny. Sunoo didn't even see his face.

The boy shaked his head. He has to calm down. It was just a man he didn't meet once in his life. God knows what he could be.

 God knows what he could be