Help! We Need Help To Get Away From the DEAD

(Z-Day+2)
(8:45 AM)
Y/n's POV:

Takagi walked past us with a pair of binoculars. "I guess the river didn't stop them huh?"

"I don't see why any of us thought it would be any on the other side." Saeko replied.

Rei however held onto hope. "But if the police are still on the job them maybe."

Takagi turned to her and smiled. "Yeah your right! And maybe curbside recycling is still running weekly."

Rei nodded happily. "Yeah!" Before looking at Takagi who sighed in annoyance. "Wait-"

Shizuoka poked her head out of the hummer. "Where will we go now?"

I walked around with a map that looked larger than I was. But before I could say anything Takashi spoke to Takagi first. "Your house is in the Higashi Sakka district."

"That's right." She nodded.

"Then that's where we go first. Since your house is the closest one." He said before averting his gaze. "But they're... well you know."

"I know and I'm not expecting anything. But still," she was stopped abruptly by him.

"It'll be fine." His nod seemed to fill her with a different type of confidence and it showed in the first genuine smile I've seen form on her face ever.

(9:15 AM)

(9:15 AM)

Riding on top of the humvee with Rei was some of the only time the two of us have talked (besides her drunken stupor) in a few hours. I understand how that sounds self centered and narcissistic but understand that she has been the rock that kept me going and it will continue like this.

Just because I think all the girls are attractive doesn't mean I don't forget my first love at Fujimi. Rei has been with me the longest, she's the first friend I've had in this specific group, and from my own mouth... she's my girl.

"Whatcha thinking Y/n?" She poked my shoulder.

"Thinking about you." I replied.

She scooted closer. "Oh really?"

"50 percent of the time it's you up there." I respond. "The other 50 is the other girls." Sticking out my tongue, teasing her.

Rei punched my shoulder playfully which made the both of us laugh. Feeling confident enough I placed my head on her shoulder and she quickly reciprocated it with her own.

"Thank you Y/n." We were sitting there for a few seconds before she broke the silence. "I remember last night, when we were on the staircase. I almost kissed you and I'm sorry."

Taking her hand into my own. "If you weren't drunk I'd do it. I was afraid though." I admitted.

"Afraid? Afraid of me?" She asked clearly confused before breaking into another joke. "I don't bite." She and I giggled before I rubbed my thumb over her own.