Chapter 15

Lisa

Byul's first match was finished and as soon as it was, I summoned one of my friends, bambam, who was nearby and watching. He quickly run to where I'm at after hearing my call and inquired as to whether I needed anything from him.

"Will you please give that girl your phone for a moment. Just give it back after I'm done talking to her."

I pointed at byul, and he looked in the direction I was aiming while nodding his head in response. He didn't say anything else after apprehending my instruction and run towards byul. I observe as he introduced himself first and glanced at me while handing her his phone. For a brief moment, Moonbyul was puzzled about what he meant but once she understood it was from me, she picked up the phone without any hesitation. I then quickly dial Bambam's number after I saw her take the device.

She answered after barely the first ring.

"Did you just forget there's a time limit?"

When she answered the phone, I spoke as soon as possible because it was clear that she was not paying attention to the two-minute timer earlier. If I hadn't stood and reminded her, she might already be back in her seat, bruised and a loser. 

If that happened— which thankfully didn't— her sweat after an excessive amount of training would have been for nothing.

While we were speaking, I was frowning and my eyes were fixed on her, but she was just grinning broadly and obviously feeling guilty about forgetting the timer.

"Uhhh, yeah? I'm sorry. I'll be mindful of it next round."

"You better be—"

"Position!"

I wasn't able to answer when the referee said that. Byul cut off our conversation immediately, handed the phone back to bambam who had been waiting for her to finish, and dashed to the center of the platform. She was initially unaware of her surroundings at first, but as she came face to face with her next opponent, she looked up with her mouth dropped open.

And so am I.
--

"Oh, shit."

Ryujin mumbled, assessing the condition presented to her. She got the same reaction from the other three who are watching moonbyul and her next duel.

Moonbyul was dreadfully staring up at her next opponent, obviously surprised to be paired with him. She is between 1.63 and 1.65 meters tall, but the man in front of her is substantially taller than she is—specifically, he is 7 feet taller. Furthermore, the fact that he has a poker face, a beard, and insanely huge muscles does not help calming her nerves. This guy right here is certainly someone people want to avoid when it involves fighting.

In a fewer definition, he's a combination of Shaquille O'Neal's height, Dwayne Johnson's physique, and Jason Momoa's facial features.

And the only thing Moonbyul can utter is the word "fuck."

"Well, she's definitely not going to win with that." Jennie agrees with ryujin's assertion and leans back in her chair

If moonbyul had managed to win in her previous match, jennie worries that will be her last. And if she's still able to defeat that guy in the most miraculous way possible, then she will probably call it the greatest luck. Because, moonbyul might outrun him in terms of speed given that she is light and small, but she's obviously way out of his league when it comes to power and energy.