Chapter one- It's not true

Nicky's pov

I keep staring at this new world that Anubis created. I couldn't bear to see the sight. Instead, I walk back to the abandoned cabin right next to the field. Once I enter, I close the door behind me and let the tears flow.

I wish it didn't end up this way. Beth, Logan, Jacky, and Maria immediately storm into the cabin. Logan takes me in his arms as I continue to cry.

"It's ok, Nicky," Logan says. I break free and stand up on my feet.

"No, it's not ok, Logan!"

"Nicky, we will find the way to bring everyone else back-" I cut him off mid-sentence.

"NO LOGAN!" I snap at him. "There is no way to bring everyone else back. It's my fault that Noah left a-and everyone else too!" I was having a panic attack and breakdown. 

"Nicky, I know how much you love Noah," Jacky cuts in. "You have unconditional love for him," why he is dragging Noah into this?

"Loved Noah? I still love him you idiot!" my eyes are red. I don't even notice. Maria and Beth look at each other. "...I love London too..." my voice breaks at end of the sentence.

The last time I've seen Noah was when he got wiped out while looking straight into my eyes. The stare was filled with reassurance and hope as if he knew it's gonna happen to him soon.

The stare still haunts me. The moment plays in my head over and over again as if it was recorded.

You can see from my perspective how much I love Noah and London. I may be a jerk in the past. It's all in the past. I shouldn't be relying on the past.

I'm partially to blame. Because if I had taken extra measures and prepared myself to protect everyone else, none of this would've happened.

I am selfish and arrogant, thinking that I should take Anubis down with my powers just like I did with Abaddon two years earlier. But no, taking Anubis down is more complicated. Ugh, it's my fault in the end. Despite people telling me it's not. Bluey lays his head in front of me. 

"Nicky, it's not your fault. There is still hope for bringing your friends back," Bluey said. But Anubis did cause me pain. I do indeed love Noah and London. "I know it," 

"Really?" I asked. 

"Yeah really," Bluey says. I smile at him. Logan storms in. 

"Nicky, we have the plan to bring your friends back," Logan said. 

"What is it?" I asked.