Chapter 60: Believing & Cursing

Craig's POV:

"A bond that they both shared..."

×××

"Something important...I highly doubt it. Now tell me, how do you know who I am?"

Steven questioned in a dark tone as he leaned himself back against the chair.

I have to admit, I wasn't expecting to talk to someone so young in prison. Although he's very tall, there's not much muscle on him. Then again, it's not like they're feeding him healthy foods in this kind of place. I could tell by the lack of nourishment, his skin was very pale...

"I'm not obligated to tell you that information-"

"Then fuck off..."

He quickly responded with annoyance as he looked away from me. Seeing how he wasn't interested in wanting to talk to me, I decided to pull out Charlotte's pregnancy test, I was allowed to only bring in a few items that security was able to approve of. And right now, I'm hoping that Steve can help me understand his past that merged with the woman I now love.

Quietly setting the pregnancy test down in front of him, he took a glance and sighed right after. He then looked over at the clock before crossing both his arms. It didn't take long for him to finally speak to me as he stared at the pregnancy tests once again...

"What the hell is this about? Did you knock my sister up, or my mother?"

He spoke with a sarcastic smile, yet his eyes held nothing but hatred. From the sounds of it, it seems he's not on speaking terms with his family...

"I know nothing about your family, nor am I interested in their personal life. However, I am interested in your past."

I said to him as I leaned back against my seat, Steven's expression soon changed into something more serious as he straightened his posture.

"Whose pregnancy test is this? And what does it have to do with me-"

"Charlotte isn't willing to share much with me-"

My words were cut short the very second I brought up her name, Steve's body moved on its own as he slammed both hands against the glass frame. His glare became more deadly, and I couldn't help but smile. At least now I could read him like a book, he's too honest with his emotions.

"What have you done to her? Who the fuck are you!?"

He raised his voice as he demanded an answer from me. It seems that he's now willing to talk, I was only given an hour to speak with him. So I have to take advantage of the time I have...

"How about you sit down and calm yourself... there's not much I can say with the little time we have. But I will say this much, Charlotte is alive and well...for as long as you can answer my questions. I can guarantee her safety-"

"You asshole..."

He answered back with a slur as he sat back down. Only this time, he's becoming tenser. It's obvious that he still cares for her, and as much as I hate using Charlotte as a way to get Steven to talk. This is the only option I have...

"First things first, in your file that I read, you were arrested three years ago. At eighteen...you almost killed Charlotte's father, Albert-"

"Don't say his fucking name."

Steven voiced out in pure rage, from the looks of it, there was clearly bad blood between him and Albert. And I need to know why that is, surely it can't be because Albert just didn't approve of Steve dating Charlotte, could it? I understand the four-year age gap between them might've been worrisome. But could that really be it?