Chapter 16: Accidents & Sensuality

Craig's POV:

"It must've been tiring having to keep your emotions hidden."

×××

If she's on her period I should probably help wash her up before Mike comes. Out of respect, I don't want anyone to see her damaged naked body. Even if Mike is a doctor, I should at least help her. But the bruising around her breasts and ribs had me very concerned. I'm almost too scared to even move her. Deciding to lift her, I approached the bathroom and entered the shower with her.

Taking off the cap I placed on her head, I was about ready to turn on the faucet. Looking down at her, I noticed that one of Charlotte's hands was in a closed fist. From the looks of it, it seems as though she's holding something. So as I went ahead and opened her hand, there was a piece of paper. It looked like a letter, but it was completely crumpled up. I'm not sure if I should read it, for now, I'll just place it somewhere safe.

As I went ahead and turned on the water I made sure it was warm enough. Not caring about getting my clothes wet, I helped wash Charlotte's body as gently as I could, there were times when she would jolt and twitch but I would make sure she stayed safe in my arms as I carefully cleaned her off. As water droplets streamed down my hair, I watched as they landed on Charlotte's collarbone. And that's when I saw a slightly faded mark around her neck. Running my fingers across it, it formed a light pattern of what seemed to look like handprints, did someone choke her? It's hard to tell...

Slicking my wet hair back, I felt a wave of emotions consuming me. The feeling of anger, frustration, confusion, and sadness took over. I hate it, I don't want to feel this way, but I also don't want to ignore it either. It was never my intention to get involved with Charlotte...but I can't abandon her either. Especially now, she needs someone to help her.

"I'm sorry I took so long..."

I quietly said to her as I placed my fingers towards her inner thighs, having her rest against my chest, she groaned under her breath as I washed her vaginal area. Pulling my hand back, I saw blood staining my fingertips. She must be on her period, but...it's strange...there's not much blood coming out of her. It's only when I place pressure inside her that she bleeds out, is that normal?

Without questioning it any further, I turned off the faucet, grabbed a towel, and began drying her off. Lifting her, I brought her back to my bed and laid her back down. Grabbing whatever shirt I could find in my wardrobe, I placed it on Charlotte's body. My shirt practically fit her like a dress with how low it came to her knees. After I was done, I placed a towel underneath her butt so she wouldn't stain herself as I covered her completely with a blanket.

Feeling my body becoming cold, I changed into somthing comfortable after drying myself off. As soon as I was done, I grabbed the letter that I had taken from Charlotte earlier and decided to place it in my safe. I'll give it to her later, oh- that reminds me, I should place the files that Jorge had given me in the safe as well. The last thing I want is for Charlotte to find out I looked into her past.

Grabbing everything that I needed, I headed to my walk-in closet and opened the safe. But just as I finished placing everything inside, I received a call from my phone! Not caring to lock the safe, I hurried to where my phone was ringing! Following the sounds, I saw that I had left my phone on the bathroom floor. Quickly answering it, I heard Mike's voice on the other line as I stared over at Charlotte...

"Hey, Craig. I'm right outside the apartment-"

"I'll let the front desk know you're coming up, don't worry about security."

I bluntly stated to him as I hung up the phone, I then proceeded to email the manager at the front desk and explained that the guest that I was inviting over was arriving. This complex apartment is very well secured and the strict hours they set are for the safety of the people who live here...but I can see why it could become an annoyance. As I headed back to my small office, I pulled out my checkbook. Writing it off to Mike, I knew I had to get his help on a few things. Since it will be a while until Jorge can give me an explanation of Charlotte's health, I should ask Mike if he can figure things out for me instead...