Chapter Four

Amelia was enjoying the rush of a near miss. She thought Pollyanna was going to become a serious problem. She'd probably never come back now. As far as she knew, Amelia was a lowlife cheater who lived with her partner. There was no reason ever to knock on the door again. Even if she was the kind of girl who would be happy to be a 'side chick', she couldn't come back for fear of running into 'the missus' again. It was fantastic.

Who'd have thought Luisita would come to the rescue like that? Amelia would never have asked her to, but she was thrilled that Luisita had taken such initiative. It was a genius solution. She should send her a bouquet or something.

It was kind of sad it had come to that, though. She couldn't just say 'Here's how it is' to Pollyanna and that be the end of the conversation. She was determined to keep her foot in the door of Amelia's life, as well as her actual door. She felt powerless and slightly nervous about where it was going to lead. Since Pollyanna wasn't going to get what she wanted, would she step up her demands, get physical? Luckily, Amelia would never know.

She wondered if she could simply stop having sex. Have a stress free life with her Satisfyer and cut out the problem. Maybe? In fact, yes, decision made. No more sex.

She deleted every dating app on her phone that very minute. She was turning over a new leaf, leaving the troubles that sex brought behind her.

**

Amelia's vow of celibacy lasted roughly six weeks. Six weeks of some very serious Satisfyer usage. The trouble was that it only scratched the physical itch. Sex wasn't just an orgasm to her. There was something about being with another person that gave her a particular fix of serotonin that seemed to get her through life. Without that fix, life was now a routine that bored her silly. Work, sleep, eat, TV, gym. That's all existence felt like now.

She decided to download one app onto her phone. Just one. Just to see.

Soon enough, she was swiping. It was a comforting familiar action that brought satisfaction immediately. She didn't swipe right on anyone at first. Just left, left, left. She thought that might be enough to soothe the need.

But then up popped Serenity, that can't be her real name surely? She had a certain something that intrigued Amelia greatly. If she was honest with herself and looking back on events to come, she would admit that the certain something was her dark brown eyes and blonde hair. Serenity called to her, so Amelia swiped right.

The moment she swiped, she felt guilty. This was the start of her breaking her promise to herself, and she knew she wouldn't stop there, not if they matched. Which they did. Amelia told herself she didn't have to do anything about that. She could just delete the app right now, but then the notification of an incoming message popped up.

Hey, I like your smile. Want to meet up for a drink?

Amelia liked confidence in a woman and Serenity was ticking another box. Amelia checked her profile 'Looking for some fun' Check. Her thumb paused over the reply button as she continued to debate whether she should get back in the saddle. She was pretty apprehensive after the Pollyanna incident.

But apparently not completely traumatised, because she began to type out a message, almost in a trance.

Are you free tonight?

**

Serenity walked into the bar, and trailed her eyes over Amelia, smirking. Amelia knew the second they locked eyes that it was going to happen tonight. God, that feeling. It was such a rush. She understood right then that she couldn't live without it.