LABYRINTH

"Lost in the Labyrinth of my mind."

             The sound of the flatline

             The sound of the flatline. A long note that never seems to end. Just a continuous sound, haunting Daisy Young. A constant reminder of the worst day of her life. The day her dad died. The day he laid alone in the sad blue bed, weak and cold as he slowly relinquished his last breath. Daisy always imagined it was peaceful, but she knew that it was in fact the opposite. Because by the time that she had run to his room, her best friend trailing behind her, the room was filled with what seemed like a hundred doctors, and all of them looked around hopelessly as the long, agonizing note appeared. That horrid sound. The young boy reached for the blondes hand as tears pooled in her eyes. Her dad laid there, unmoving. Dead. And she had no idea. How couldn't she have known? She listened to the high-pitched tone of the flatline, her eyes focused on the limp body that was her father. A constant ringing in her ears, a background of shouts from doctors, and Stiles squeezing her hand tightly trying to fight back his own tears from the memory of his own mother dying in this very hospital just a few months earlier. Daisy shut her eyes and let the noise die. When she opened them again, she realized the door had been closed the entire time. Had she imagined that horrible sound? The sound that would haunt her for the rest of her life? It didn't matter. Her dad was dead. She was all alone. Well, not all alone. Daisy turned to her friend who still held her hand. He looked at her with an expression that only the two of them could understand. The look of two kids who had just lost their parents. Daisy wrapped her arms around Stiles neck, pulling him into a tight hug and she just sobbed. Daisy Young was alone and all she could think was, why did she get to be the one who always survived?

Cast

Daisy Young
Candice King

Daisy YoungCandice King

Fifteen. Libra. Human?
"I just want to be normal for once." 

Shawn Hale
Micheal Trevino