Chapter 6

It's been three months since my father left. The Dino war is almost over, which means I'll be able to see him soon.

But this happiness didn't last long.

I heard footsteps to our rock house and heard a loud knock at the front. My mother ran towards the door, wanting to open it without giving me a chance to process the situation. When she opened the door, all we were met was this old guy who looked like he smoked the zaza. It's a type of drug father used to smoke, but only when he was stressed.

'Hello miss, I regret to inform you this but your husband was sadly killed in the Dino war. I am sorry for your loss, these are all the items he had at his shelter' said the old guy. Mother and I couldn't believe what we were just told.

Father is dead. And he left his family to fend for themselves in this cruel misogynistic Dino world. In the pile of fathers stuff, there was a letter which read:

Dear broski,
My dear broski, I'm so sorry I left without wishing you a happy birthday. My sweet broski, I'm sorry that you won't be able to see me again. I wish I could've seen your beautiful broski eyes and your broski smile. I wish I could've spent more time with you and your mother, but instead I was drowning myself with work. I hope life treats you well, and don't stress out your mother too much. I may not be there physically, but I'm always in your broski heart.

After reading that letter my mother hugged me tightly. We were crying our balls out. After a while, she decided I should take the time I need alone to grieve over father's stuff.

When I went to sleep that night, it felt like I was living in a nightmare. I wanted to bring my father back, but I couldn't do anything. But that won't stop me from protecting others the way I would've protected my father.

I'm going to become a doctor so I can save the lives that would be put in danger during Dino wars.