Chapter Forty-Six

Beep beep beep

I pry my eyes open at the sound of my alarm going off. I must've set it at some point the day before. I squint at the sun peering through the shut blinds. I sit up and find my phone resting on the floor next to my jeans. I end the alarm and check my messages. A couple from Jesse, updating me on Trevor. I sit up quickly as I see a message from Rose. It was from last night. I must've fallen asleep before I could've gotten to it.

R- meet me at the coffee shop on north main at 8:15 if you want to talk

I check the clock and see it's nearly 8am now. Fuck. I quickly got dressed and made my way quietly down the hallway. I peeked my head in Jackson's room, he was sound asleep. I smile before moving on to Kat's room. She was sleeping peacefully. I crack the door more. I see a bottle of scotch next to her night stand. It was nearly gone. Was she drinking last night? I didn't taste any on her lips when we kissed.

Kat shifted in her sleep and groaned lightly. I stepped back while shutting the door just enough to it being cracked. Was she drunk last night? No, she couldn't have been.

The whole time I was making my way to the coffee shop to meet Rose, I couldn't stop thinking about Kat. Did she remember last night? Was that her or the alcohol that made that decision? We didn't talk about what happened yet. I told her to get to bed. She kissed me before she went off. She told me, she still loves me. I snap out of my thoughts from a phone call.

"Hello?"

"When you stopping by?" Jesse question.

"I'll be there soon."

"We gotta talk about this Austin situation. We gotta get the others involved?" I grip the steering wheel tight.

"I'll talk about it when I get there."

"I don't trust him, dude. I was outside smokin' with him and he was on a call. Talkin' about some sketchy shit. Talkin' about his kilos, money, and distribution. He's sounds like the lead ringer of somethin bigger than we have ever dealt with before." Jesse stated the information to me.

"We? You've been locked up longer than anyone." I growl through the phone.

"You know what I mean. I'm talkin' about the club and this shit is bigger than us. I think we gotta get out while we still can. I don't run from a fight but I ain't gonna lose my life for a bitch that ain't worth it."

"We'll finish talking about it when I get there." Without saying anything else on those lines, I hung up. I couldn't deal with that right now. This was my chance to get Rose back on my side. The closer she is to me, the more I can get on Austin.

I step out of my car and look around to see if I could spot her car. Nothing. I make my way inside and it was calm, relaxing, and smelled like coffee beans. I see Rose sitting to the left, further away from others. She was wearing a pair of scrubs and had her hair up in a pony tail.

"Kitten," I say loud enough just for her to hear.

"Neil," She practically rolled her eyes.

"I didn't want us to end like that." I sat down across from her as she sipped on her coffee.

"So you wanted us to end?"

"I didn't mean it like that." I shook my head.

"How do you mean any of what's going on? I mean, to me it sounded like you were going to end us whatever it is that we have whether I knew about your baby mama or not. Why didn't you just tell me?" She crossed her arm over the other.

"I wasn't really ready to talk about it, I guess. I didn't want us to end. I don't. I did come here to find my family. While I was in prison, my ex ran off with our son. That's all. I just wanted to be with my son." I rub the palms of my hands on my thighs as I started to sweat a little.

"And the guns? Why did they have to be involved?" Fuck, I forgot about those.

"I mean, we can't really conceal on a plane with a record on our backs." I chuckle nervously.

"Neil, you told me that you were going to say the truth." Was I that easy to read?

"Okay. Okay. She's with someone I trusted very much. I felt betrayed. How would you feel if someone else was raising your kid? Listen, Rose, I care about you very much but I promise you, I haven't done nothing to him yet." I huffed. I could feel my anger rising just talking about it.

"Yet?" She bit her lip nervously. I just stared at her. I didn't know what else she wanted me to say. I told her the truth. "I believe you," she sighed and reached her hand out to mine. I took her petit hand in mine and rubbed the back with my thumb.

"Please, don't walk out of my life yet." I whisper.

"I just have one more question." I raise my eyebrows waiting for her to ask. "Do you still want to be with her?"

~~~

Ohhh boy! Such a short chapter but goodies coming next chapter!! Bringing an old character back! Hold on tight.